OC wont start at all

Obsidian General.
copenhagen123
Pixel

OC wont start at all

Post by copenhagen123 »

Hello i am new to OC and i cant find this issue anywhere in the FAQ or the fourms my issue is that when i try to start OC it will not start nor will it even try to start. im not sure what the issue is, i have installed it at least 5 times and it still wont work. it shows up on my steam account but wont play what so ever please help im very confused
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Re: OC wont start at all

Post by TESLA-X4 »

Are you even able to get the Steam dialogue with the message, "Preparing to launch Obsidian Conflict 1.35"?

Things you should check:
1) Is Source SDK Base 2007 (not 2006) installed? If not installed, or you have no idea what it is, download and install it from Steam's Tools tab (click on the All Games ▼ button underneath the large Library button and select Tools). You do not have to install Source SDK (that's for developers), but you do have to install Source SDK Base 2007.
2) Have you downloaded and installed Half-Life 2 (or either of its two episodes), AND launched those at least once? Playing through the game is not necessary, simply quit the game after you get to the menu - the launch triggers Steam to decrypt the respective GCFs, allowing mods such as OC to mount their content.
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
copenhagen123
Pixel

Post by copenhagen123 »

thanks bud very much, that was the issue i just didn't start my half life 2 games when i downloaded them cause iv'e had them for so long and this is a new computer but it works great now, thanks for not giving me an attitude like some of your team members.

have a good one and i love the mod.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

copenhagen123 wrote:thanks for not giving me an attitude like some of your team members.
I wonder who you speak of...
Ny
Phone Donator
Phone Donator

Post by Ny »

:roll:
:nyoron: