What got you into OC?

Obsidian General.
Supahchikin
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

What got you into OC?

Post by Supahchikin »

In this thread you expain as to what attracted you to OC.

Heres how it happened to me:

I was rummaging through planethalflifes archives when i noticed this: OC HAS BEATEN SYN TO OB.

And so i went to see how that looked like and i recall:

Dropping dead upon joining a server

A superultramega broken points transfer system.

Game crashing when joining a map with oc_harvest on

And thats all the bad stuff i remember,the rest was pretty sweet,and when i saw the first player model pack things have gotten even sweeter.

And thats my story.

Now share yours.
Blues
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Blues »

I think TheMoon or Deathy once mentioned this Mod on Mapping-Tutorials.de so I was like 'Well, Half Life 2 Coop sounds cool, I'm gonna see what it looks like'

That was still in times of v1.23 so it wasn't running on the OB engine yet.

And it was just great how you could kill grunts and hl1 enemies together. I've always loved coop modes of games..
Image Image Image

Excuse me for being rude. I'm usually drunk while posting.
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

I was looking for a HL2 co-op mod and found Synergy. Tried playing it but I couldn't find any populated servers. I tried Obsidian Conflict and couldn't find any servers playing campaign maps and was getting pissed.

I decided I might as well try some random server that was on the list. I loaded up into oc_bunker and loved it. Stopped playing for a while when I got my xbox360. Then came back a year or two later and decided I wanted to make a map for oc.

I started one that was too ambitious and didn't completely finish it. I started a new map series though that will be episodic so it should be easier now.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

http://www.obsidianconflict.net/forums/ ... .php?t=389

Basically darkfinal told me he made a new map so i dled oc, that was back in 1.2 i think.
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

I heard there was beta enemies and co-op didn't really madder to me as I have extremely crappy internet(-30kbps up/1200+ ms ping).
Mr. Someguy
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Mr. Someguy »

When I saw Romka's HECU models they had planned to use exclusively. I wanted to take them for Gmod. So I got the mod. Then I saw all the cool things they had and stuck around.

Now I want to make some maps of my own but am afraid that Source will be outdated by the time I make one.
General_Francisco_Franco
prop_static
prop_static

Post by General_Francisco_Franco »

I loved coop mods and OC was the first coop mod for hl2 i discovered.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

easy i was talking with a friend of mine i saw he was playing something called obsidian conflict. i asked what it was and he told me about it. wen i started playing it i was ammazed there more of the coop element than in the coop maps of hl2dm and thats wen i started playing.
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

Wanna know what got me into Obsidian Conflict?

Syn-ergy.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Well, My story is not without a little ironic humour,

I actually played Syn-ergy with Hankey (I think) way back when they were down to one server, I enjoyed playing the map (it was js_coop_underground) Though I came across OC(1.1). On Planet Halflife around the same time. I played oc_docks & then oc_bunker (1.2) and fell in love with the Mod.

Through all of Scoma's critisms, it was his maps I guess that got me to love co-op, and OC.

I'd never really played sven co-op, though I've been around with halflife mods since '99. I was just always very competative.

fug = :old:
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Makrontt le nécron
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by Makrontt le nécron »

For me, it's synergy that brought me into OC.

I was playing synergy (the pre-OB version when it still could be fun) on the Darkdevice.net server when I saw an in-game ad "Whant to play Episode Two co-op with your friends? Try our obsidian conflict server!"
I thought "Obsidian conflict? Is that another coop mod for HL2?".
I googled it and found a video showing the 1.3 features, and I knew I needed to try it.
Once installed I only found empty servers or servers with omizuri (and I hate this map), but the following day when I eventually found a real coop server, I enjoyed the game.
I stopped playing sven co-op and synergy since this day.
I'm back baby!
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

^ That reminds me I need to speak to Warnnik and get my forum account
sorted out.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
JerC
Donator
Donator

Post by JerC »

I was playing synergy.But a random day,i was bored of it,and looked in planethalflife.Then i saw obsidianconflict,with all the features,NPCs
Thats what got me into OC :wink:
Please don't take my posts before 2013 too seriously. It will be better for both you and I :c
Death
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Death »

This is a pretty long story, so if your the person that says tl;dr, avert your eyes..

I was a wee boy (not really) when i staggered across Synergy with a guy named TheMuffinMan, we played it a little, he hated it, (we liked warcraft 3..) so i sorta stopped playing warcraft and started playing Synergy. Shortly after, i came across a server called Sacmos Killl..Center I believe, the Co-Owner said to me that I should apply for admin on his server, so I did...a few weeks after, This guy named [GR] Marques (current name) b'came my friend and we started playing games and stuff.. Maplestory, all that crap...One day we were trying mods, and eventually he said try out Obsidian Conflict(This was about 1 year ago..), I did, started playing harvest, and at first, I was COMPLETELY confused of how the map worked out, until I learned it and mastered it...While everyone hated and loathed it, I was the only person to love it...So here I am.
Im comin' back to OC.
RocketRunner
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by RocketRunner »

I heard of OC and I downloaded it. I uninstalled it, but months later I reinstalled it because Syn was crap by then.
I usually run from rockets.
Pretty straightforward.