Ion Rifle

Obsidian General.

Ion Rifle or Plasma Rifle?, this is just the name, not anything that effects the weapon it's self, and acording the the sound files, it's proper name is Ion.

Ion Rifle
81%
Plasma
19%

Total votes: 95

fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Gjsdeath wrote:
fug4life wrote:Erm shouldn't your sig read 'Plasma rifle' and not 'plama'?

Um... what sig :wink:
:lollololol:
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Mr. Someguy
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Mr. Someguy »

First vote! :D
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

Mr. Someguy wrote:First vote! :D
:lol: Thanks.

Also, the weapon is going to take a while to do, as we have to wait for he team coder to help with it.

Though I am going to see when worfox is going to have some time to work on the model and I suppose I can start scripting what I can of the weapon(C++).

Side note, if we change the name from Plasma Rifle to Ion Rifle, I can easily edit my sig to say Ion Rifle. :D
Supahchikin
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Supahchikin »

Gjsdeath wrote:
Mr. Someguy wrote:First vote! :D
:lol: Thanks.

Also, the weapon is going to take a while to do, as we have to wait for he team coder to help with it.

Though I am going to see when worfox is going to have some time to work on the model and I suppose I can start scripting what I can of the weapon(C++).

Side note, if we change the name from Plasma Rifle to Ion Rifle, I can easily edit my sig to say Ion Rifle. :D
If its gonna be a Ion rifle then make sure it doesnt end up like the one from Daikatana (ricocheting off walls and exploding upon contact with water).
death grunt
Vertex
Vertex

Post by death grunt »

Good idea and I like the name "Ion Rifle" and it's more original then "Plasma Rifle" .
Mr. Someguy
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Mr. Someguy »

Wait, isn't it gonna be like the Combine Ion Rifle? Where it has a constant beam and when you shoot it it sends a pulse of energy that deals tons of damage and ignites nearby objects?

Also, I think it should have a significant kickback, I mean, those pulses look like they'd throw you back a bit. Maybe launch the user back about 3-5 feet per shot.
JerC
Donator
Donator

Post by JerC »

I just got a idea,replace the lamba sign on it with oc sign.
Please don't take my posts before 2013 too seriously. It will be better for both you and I :c
KON_Air
prop_static
prop_static

Post by KON_Air »

If anything it would be called "The Road to Miami Gun" :P If we stick to HL2 fluff the torch guy is the only one to make that gun. A super charged Volga and ion guns ripped from bunker... those guys may actually make it to Miami :P

That's an awesome idea for a series of maps too... "The Road To Miami" just for that gun. If we get multipassanger vehicles just slap an ion battery charger at the back of the car... ARGH! AWESOME.
Supahchikin
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Supahchikin »

Make the projectiles green in honor of Ion storm.
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

Mr. Someguy wrote:Wait, isn't it gonna be like the Combine Ion Rifle?
As much as it can be without being over powerful.
Mr. Someguy wrote: Where it has a constant beam and when you shoot it it sends a pulse of energy that deals tons of damage and ignites nearby objects?
Well, I wasn't thinking about the ignition of objects, I was thinking only the charged shot does that, or maybe enough primary rounds could cause the ignition?
Mr. Someguy wrote: Also, I think it should have a significant kickback, I mean, those pulses look like they'd throw you back a bit. Maybe launch the user back about 3-5 feet per shot.
Yes, it has a lot of recoil, the primary shots have significant recoil and the secondary would have even more then the guess gun..

Cyan wrote:Make the projectiles green in honor of Ion storm.
I thought it was the particle storm anyway, I was thinking the bean that the weapon always emits would be the play's custom color and the projectile would be blue, but we will see when the weapon gets to that stage.

Cyan wrote:If its gonna be a Ion rifle then make sure it doesnt end up like the one from Daikatana (ricocheting off walls and exploding upon contact with water).
Whoa, in no way it will be like that :shock:
Last edited by Gary on Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supahchikin
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Supahchikin »

Gjsdeath wrote:
Cyan wrote:If its gonna be a Ion rifle then make sure it doesnt end up like the one from Daikatana (ricocheting off walls and exploding upon contact with water).
Whoa, in no way it will be like that :shock:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 2731694033

In case the sound is broken:

Death
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Death »

Gjsdeath wrote:This is completely different from the "tang" weapon.

Also, I am thinking for this weapon;

Primary fire Damage is 5 per round, so 15 per shot(3 round burst).
So to take a person's health all the way down, it would need about 6 or 7 shots.
One charged shot kill the player(takes down both shields and health), as much damage as if all the rounds where fired at once and more(120 + 80 = 200 damage a charged shot).
What use would it be if it killed the person too? Should atleast just bring them down to one hp.
Im comin' back to OC.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Screw realism, games are meant to be fun, i dont want any super strong knockback, super strong recoil or even kill-on-use shit.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

i think he means an opponent thats standing infront of it.
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
Death
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Death »

destiny wrote:i think he means an opponent thats standing infront of it.
QUICK! SPAWN 82 GARGS!
Im comin' back to OC.