No Steam Login???

Obsidian General.
crazzyazzy
Pixel

No Steam Login???

Post by crazzyazzy »

I just recently downloaded this game due to constant nagging of a friend and after waiting two hours (I have terribly slow internet) I finally installed it and tried to play. But every time I try to connect to a server I just get the error message "Steam Account is in use Somewhere Else". So I quit OC, went into task manager and ended the .exe and tried again. No luck. I restarted Steam to try and again and still the same thing. I've tried all the servers and nothing. Biggest wait of 2 hours unless someone can show me a fix and prove me wrong.
Linkmister
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by Linkmister »

Try deleting "clientregistry.blob" in your Steam folder and then restart Steam, this typically remedies a large amount of common Steam issues
Image Image
crazzyazzy
Pixel

Post by crazzyazzy »

Thank you for the suggestions, I will try it later today. But when I went to reinstall, I noticed something else. The installer said failed to retrieve player models. Should I be worried about htis too?
Mr. Someguy
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Mr. Someguy »

Nah it always says that.
LivingWithGames
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by LivingWithGames »

For some reason the installer fails to install the custom models.Don't worry,you can download them at the Model Release area.

The 3 fixed threads are the places where you need the models,if you want.
crazzyazzy
Pixel

Post by crazzyazzy »

I deleted my clientregistry.blob and it still didnt work. I reinstalled and still nothing. help please? i followed the download link to Moddb, could that be the case?
LivingWithGames
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by LivingWithGames »

crazzyazzy wrote:I deleted my clientregistry.blob and it still didnt work. I reinstalled and still nothing. help please? i followed the download link to Moddb, could that be the case?
Still witn problems?

Your case must be grave,I haven't tried this but maybe this works(maybe...):

Try reinstalling steam,If that doesn't work,try unistalling and then installing(different than reinstalling,maybe something good to you...)

I hope have helped you :(
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

Just start a Valve multiplayer game like CS:S or TF2 and join any server, you'll get a prompt (yes, in-game) to re-login (which doesn't show up in OC for some reason), do so and quit the game. You should now be able to play on OC as well. That 'ticket expired' thing is annoying.
SkunkGER
Vertex
Vertex

Post by SkunkGER »

TESLA-X4 wrote:Just start a Valve multiplayer game like CS:S or TF2 and join any server, you'll get a prompt (yes, in-game) to re-login (which doesn't show up in OC for some reason), do so and quit the game. You should now be able to play on OC as well. That 'ticket expired' thing is annoying.
This also works with HL2:DM.
JerC
Donator
Donator

Post by JerC »

BiElGaMe wrote:
crazzyazzy wrote:I deleted my clientregistry.blob and it still didnt work. I reinstalled and still nothing. help please? i followed the download link to Moddb, could that be the case?
Still witn problems?

Your case must be grave,I haven't tried this but maybe this works(maybe...):

Try reinstalling steam,If that doesn't work,try unistalling and then installing(different than reinstalling,maybe something good to you...)

I hope have helped you :(
Wow,who would uninstall STEAM for a mod..
Please don't take my posts before 2013 too seriously. It will be better for both you and I :c
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

there are more people out there that that do that as you could possible imagine
WINDEXTOR
Vertex
Vertex

Post by WINDEXTOR »

I had this problem too. I'm not sure, but I'm going to suggest this,

Go to settings in Steam, and uncheck "Run Steam when my computer starts" and restart Steam. It worked for me, if its already unchecked for you then I'm not sure.
Another loose-cannon gone bi-polar,
Slipped down, couldn't get much lower
Quick sands got no sense of humor,
I'm still laughing like hell
[Sound of Madness - Shinedown]
I'm afraid I have to (EDIT) BUMP UP THE MUSIC!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afun18DU6Mg
Misfire
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Misfire »

when this happens i usually just, change user, then just relogin and its fixed.
spjohny
Pixel

Post by spjohny »

It happened to me once or twice and what I did:Closed the game I was running checked on my task manager procceses if the game was still running and trying again.if i got the same error I restart pc and steam and router(I have dynamic ip im not sure if this has anything to do.