No servers appearing in server list

Obsidian General.
fgdtdtdtdr
Vertex
Vertex

No servers appearing in server list

Post by fgdtdtdtdr »

Hi, I just downloaded OC, looks like a great game, and I've been able to install it fine and play on my own without a problem. However, whenever I try to find servers to play on, or even just play with my brother, I seem to have issues. When I click "Find Servers," the list appears, and "Refreshing server list" appears at the bottom. I've left it to its work for half an hour at a time, and no servers appear, but my brother seems to have no issues finding and connecting to servers, so I try to join the game he's in via the Steam friend list's "Join Game" feature. When I try that, there's a screen that says "Connecting to server" for a couple of minutes, and then it says "Connection failed after 4 retries." I've tried reinstalling, redownloading, restarting my computer, and restarting Steam, and nothing has worked so far. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

System Specs:

Processor: AMD Phenom 9650
RAM: 7 GB
Graphics card: NVidia Geforce 9500 GT

If you need any other info, please let me know. Thanks in advance!
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

"Show Map List" needs to be unchecked.

This is just a guess to fixing your map list though, don't know why your server connecting itself isn't working.
fgdtdtdtdr
Vertex
Vertex

Post by fgdtdtdtdr »

Keychain wrote:"Show Map List" needs to be unchecked.

This is just a guess to fixing your map list though, don't know why your server connecting itself isn't working.
Just tried your suggestion, but that doesn't seem to help any. I'm honestly clueless as to what it could be. I tried other mods and games on Steam to make sure it wasn't a problem with that, but they all work fine.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Firewall maybe?

Or are you running a source dedicated server on your pc while playing?
fgdtdtdtdr
Vertex
Vertex

Post by fgdtdtdtdr »

W0rf0x wrote:Firewall maybe?

Or are you running a source dedicated server on your pc while playing?
No firewall, and no dedicated server, though it MAY be a port forwarding issue. What ports would I need to open up for OC? I can give that a try and report back.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

same as any source game 27015-27029 (I don't go higher with a reason but that should be neaugh anyways)
fgdtdtdtdr
Vertex
Vertex

Post by fgdtdtdtdr »

Tried port forwarding, still no luck. I'm not quite sure what else to try at this point. If I stumble on anything, then I'll post it here. Thanks for all the help so far.
Sshado
Pixel

Post by Sshado »

I am encountering the same issue. I just downloaded the mod.

System Specs:
AMD Phenom X3 2.4ghz
4GB Ram
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
Radeon 4870 512mb DDR5

Obsidian is running with CS:S and HL2: Lost Coast enabled. They are both installed on my account. Half-life 2 is also installed.

Ports are forwarded. No firewall is present.
ISP = Comcast. Router = linksys wrt400n.

No servers show up. Attempting to directly connect to a server fails. I can "view info" accurately on friends servers, just not join them.
Ny
Phone Donator
Phone Donator

Post by Ny »

1. Enable the console (Options>Keyboard>Advanced>Enable Developer Console ~)
2. Try and connect to a server
3 Copy and paste the console info here. (Don't copy and paste the whole thing but from where it says: Connecting to XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX onwards)
:nyoron:
Zetos Lapier
Pixel

Post by Zetos Lapier »

Now I know I only have one post here but me and sshado were discussing the thought last night that it could be a bad download. I'm not certain if he downloaded another version though, is there a chance that one of the download links could have corrupt files?

I only trust moddb so I downloaded from there and it works fine for me.
Sshado
Pixel

Post by Sshado »

I re-enabled my COMODO firewall and then when the game came up it was allowed as an exception.

Now I have servers.

What I'm guessing is that my firewall was still somehow blocking it even though I thought it was disabled.
Ny
Phone Donator
Phone Donator

Post by Ny »

Comodo has a knack for that. If it isn't running sometimes it blocks all your ports
:nyoron:
Philosogamer
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Philosogamer »

Sshado wrote:I re-enabled my COMODO firewall and then when the game came up it was allowed as an exception.

Now I have servers.

What I'm guessing is that my firewall was still somehow blocking it even though I thought it was disabled.
The best solution is to alt+tab or hit the windows key to switch to desktop and manually set it to allow exceptions with Comodo.
It's a pain, but it works.
fgdtdtdtdr
Vertex
Vertex

Post by fgdtdtdtdr »

I just figured out my own solution, which may be related to COMODO. I set up my computer to dual boot XP 64-bit and Windows 7, and OC seems to work fine on the XP side (which I don't have COMODO on). If you still have issues connecting on Windows 7 64-bit even after working out COMODO for whatever reason, I recommend switching to a different OS.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

most firewalls still block things even they aren't really running (because they are loading themself right after the OS begins to start in order to be loaded when the first virus tries to hack the computer) so you always need to keep your whitelist up2date even if the firewall doesn't seem to be running