Planning a co-op thing with some buddies. *new questions*

Obsidian General.
Crow550
Vertex
Vertex

Planning a co-op thing with some buddies. *new questions*

Post by Crow550 »

Check my last post....

How do I host a server with Obsidian Conflict? It's really easy to do with Synrgy.

I played in a server someone made with a buddy. We played chapter 6 We don't go to Ravenholm & the part after you move past the moving spinning blade would not load the next level though?

Any tweaks to give the games more of a challenge? What do the server options mean? Like skill level? How high can you set it too? Does it make things tougher?

Like what's decal frequency?

What are the points for?

I see there are added guns. Are these placed in the single player missions?

Also off topic but if anyone can help with these too:

http://www.svencoop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39327

Thanks. Great job on the mod. This is pretty much Sven Co-op 2. Heh.
Last edited by Crow550 on Mon May 09, 2011 12:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Axel_m3sh
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Re: Planning a Half-Life Fridays co-op thing with some frien

Post by Axel_m3sh »

Hosting a server is easy as clicking create server and making sure sv_lan is 0

Skill level (1,2,3 <-max) you can find the skills settings in the cfg folder of your OC directory, it does mean npcs get tougher and you do less dmg.

decal frequency = seconds before you can spray your spray

points = points lol for certain maps they use them as cash for the new merchant npc

The new oc weapons by default are not in single player campaigns (yet?) but if you play custom maps you'll find em, as for custom scripted weapons, those are also in custom maps.
Crow550
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Crow550 »

Which would you say is more stable as a mod this or Synrgy? Just curious....It seems this does offer custom color flashlights and gibbing which is awesome. LOL!

Still not seeing my server under Internet games?
Axel_m3sh
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Axel_m3sh »

Heck I really don't care which is more stable, this mod does have more custom content than syn which makes it more fun IMO.

If you don't see your game under the internet tab then try sv_lan 0; heartbeat then change the map using map_<name>

but I think you might have to port forward a bit, there's a thread post somewhere about it (or wiki) but I don't know where it is.
Someone help a poor fellow out lol.
Crow550
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Crow550 »

Ugh will try.

I just wanna rip through the Half-Life games with some buddies as painless as possible. Workin out all the kinks. :D
Crow550
Vertex
Vertex

Re: Planning a co-op thing with some buddies. Need advice/he

Post by Crow550 »

Have a few more questions.....

I tried the first level by myself and the G-man was just standing there? Will the opening cinematic play with more than 1 player? Or is this some kind of glitch?

Also how do you change the color of sprays?

Thanks.
Andrax17
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Andrax17 »

Crow550 wrote:Have a few more questions.....

I tried the first level by myself and the G-man was just standing there? Will the opening cinematic play with more than 1 player? Or is this some kind of glitch?

Thanks.
you dont change the color of sprays.. unless you take your time and edit it in image editing program.

Also the campaign maps are partly broken atm, since the first engine updates to the HL2 series, so bugs like that occur.
Crow550
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Crow550 »

Andrax17 wrote:

Thanks.
you dont change the color of sprays.. unless you take your time and edit it in image editing program.

Also the campaign maps are partly broken atm, since the first engine updates to the HL2 series, so bugs like that occur.
So there is no way to fix the intro? Is that the only major issue? I know Syngry plays the intro.

So if there is no way no get the intro to play I could always load it in Syngry for the intro then Obsidian Conflict for the rest. What a pain that would be lol.
Andrax17
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Andrax17 »

Crow550 wrote:
Andrax17 wrote:

Thanks.

So there is no way to fix the intro? Is that the only major issue? I know Syngry plays the intro.

So if there is no way no get the intro to play I could always load it in Syngry for the intro then Obsidian Conflict for the rest. What a pain that would be lol.
im not sure if its the only major one, or if it can be fixed(ingame), ive personally never had that happen to me, but many people have that problem. There is some minor bugs in there tho, that requires cheat commands and/or admins, few bugs ive seen is that when in the beginning of HL2, Barney opens the door, but it closes up immediately so you cant get in there, you need to use ent_fire to remove the door.
other bug that i recall is that in the Highway map, the part where you need to jump to the other side with the car, spawned cars cant make that jump while the original car can. and in EP1 beginning, Alyx seems to dissapear when Dog picks up the thing blocking the way at the beginning.
also the beginning of EP2 seems to have few problems, or maybe thats just me.

(i think the campaigns are going to be fixed for the next version of OC, but im not sure)
Crow550
Vertex
Vertex

Re: Planning a co-op thing with some buddies. *new questions

Post by Crow550 »

Too bad the two co-op mods can't merge as one. They both seem to have pluses and minuses.
Axel_m3sh
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Axel_m3sh »

Well for the other question, you can't change the color of the spray but you can change and import a custom spray.

Just get an image you want and make sure the image size is in powers of two (ie. 128x128, 64x64, 128x64, etc.) and put it somewhere where you can find it in the OC folder and click the import spray button, the rest is simple from there.
Crow550
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Crow550 »

Anyone here make any fixes for the Half-Life map issues? Looks like someone for the Syn mod did.

Any chance someone can with this mod?
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Crow550 wrote:Anyone here make any fixes for the Half-Life map issues? Looks like someone for the Syn mod did.

Any chance someone can with this mod?
The HL2 saga will be fixed for the next version.

About HL:S, there´s a lot of problems to solve yet (too much obsolete brush entities, that at the moment cant be modified without decompiling the original maps).
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos