Account Logged in Elsewhere Persistant Error on Account

Obsidian General.
Misfire
Polygon
Polygon

Account Logged in Elsewhere Persistant Error on Account

Post by Misfire »

This is a weird one. I normally fix this problem by re-logging in, deleting the blog etc.. which usually ALWAYS works. But now even after doing all that stuff, I still get this error and can't play obsidian conflict any longer.

Now, if I login into one of my other accounts and play obsidian conflict, all is fine... it has the free tf2 and free portal on it.

Now i log back into my main account, and I get the error again.

I never had this problem until after TF2 went free, I'm not sure what happened and what to do now? I've literally haven't touched the steam and obsidian install since I last played. I feel like this could possibly be a problem on the valve side but I'm not certain.
[ChenZen.org] Obsidian Conflict NYC | EP1/EP2 | FAST-DL
96.242.154.6:27017
Misfire
Polygon
Polygon

Re: Account Logged in Elsewhere Persistant Error on Account

Post by Misfire »

I think im going to go ahead and file steam support ticket because other mods get the same problem.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

I had this problem when i used a steam beta a bit ago, which was before tf2 f2p.
So yeah, chances are its a problem with some recent steam update.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

you've tried going into steam settings and press the switch user button? that normally should help after you entered your login data again~
Misfire
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Misfire »

Neico wrote:you've tried going into steam settings and press the switch user button? that normally should help after you entered your login data again~
Yeah thats what I usually do to fix this problem, doesn't work anymore the error will persist and won't go away. The source mods work fine on other accounts, seems something got messed up with my main account, still waiting on steam support to see what they can find.
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

Ummm...Did you ever consider the fact that perhaps someone is actually using your account from another location (aka: hacked it)? First thing I'd do would be change my password.
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
Misfire
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Misfire »

DisConnected wrote:Ummm...Did you ever consider the fact that perhaps someone is actually using your account from another location (aka: hacked it)? First thing I'd do would be change my password.
That's one of the first things I have done, I also have steam guard deauthorized all computers, so no theres no way my account is logged in from elsewhere. Even if it was I should be able to play the mods after i logged back in, until someone kicks me out by logging in. I have also been playing TF2, L4D2 all day just fine.
RocketRunner
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by RocketRunner »

Odd indeed. Perhaps it really is just a Steam issue.
I usually run from rockets.
Pretty straightforward.
Misfire
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Misfire »

Forgot to give an update on this, but the issue has been solved :D

I did file a ticket with steam support, and waited for a week but no response for them. Then a few days later, I decided to remove steam completely except steamapps folder, and reinstall. Then when logging into my account, I was able to play the mods once again. I really don't know what the problem is, other accounts worked... but like W0rf0x said, I suspect it had something to do with steam beta as well, as when I reinstalled under the general tab I had gotten "new beta options". So when in doubt, reinstall and avoid steam beta :P