oc_osprey

Show off work in progress maps.

Should the map be in "Night Time" or "Day Time"?

Day Time
68%
Night Time
32%

Total votes: 41

Maxunit
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by Maxunit »

Yea, I could and currently do, but I would like to create a remake. Or would the guys here prefer a combine-ish version?
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

I made a helicopter fly in, stop, and rapple combine. The combine ended up getting stuck on something but I think it was just the physics model. So you could replace the helicopter model with an osprey model. Make it not attack anything.
BOB
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by BOB »

You could make a combine-ish version, then later fine tune it with an osprey and soldiers.
Maxunit
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by Maxunit »

I added HGrunt like models from Predator already. The Osprey Heli(HL2 Version) is on its way with nice Animations.

I think my map wont be done before OC 1.2 will be released, because I'm getting into 3D Studio Max 8 as well. Learning how to place bones n stuff, no real modeling tho. Only bones and then animating.
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

Maxunit wrote:I added HGrunt like models from Predator already. The Osprey Heli(HL2 Version) is on its way with nice Animations.

I think my map wont be done before OC 1.2 will be released, because I'm getting into 3D Studio Max 8 as well. Learning how to place bones n stuff, no real modeling tho. Only bones and then animating.
I am get ing in to 3ds max 8 as well right now I can baerly ragdoll but I think I can convert the heli from the hl2 beta it was a osprey and was preety cool looking but will this be a perfict remake or will there be new rooms and will there be those spirits ? if there is new rooms there should be a snark chamber you have to get tro to get a supper brush based weapon a guass turret!
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

gtaiiilc wrote:
Maxunit wrote:I added HGrunt like models from Predator already. The Osprey Heli(HL2 Version) is on its way with nice Animations.

I am get ing in to 3ds max 8 as well right now I can baerly ragdoll but I think I can convert the heli from the hl2 beta it was a osprey and was preety cool looking but will this be a perfict remake or will there be new rooms and will there be those spirits ? if there is new rooms there should be a snark chamber you have to get tro to get a supper brush based weapon a guass turret!
I'd love to have an osprey helicopter or two in my map! At least I need some kind of heli model... :?
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

Oniyuri wrote:
gtaiiilc wrote:

I'd love to have an osprey helicopter or two in my map! At least I need some kind of heli model... :?
mugofdoom!!!(hes part of missing info) is showing me to convert models so I will for you maybe the team will add a osprey npc!
destu
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by destu »

:coffee:
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

gtaiiilc wrote:
Oniyuri wrote:
gtaiiilc wrote:

mugofdoom!!!(hes part of missing info) is showing me to convert models so I will for you maybe the team will add a osprey npc!
Right now I only need a model, but an osprey npc would be useful in other maps. :)
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

I am still going to convert it but this is a lot better http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/show ... p?t=195021 I want that in the map!
Maxunit
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by Maxunit »

Finally some new progress again. I re-worked many stuff and I'm still reworking everything.

I posted 2 new screenies in my first post. The sizement is way better now, the old version had rooms that were like OMG size mostly.

The Mapper Log is not correct anymore as well, I will update it during the day.
{JEBUS_54}
Vertex
Vertex

Post by {JEBUS_54} »

So will that grunt model be used in the map? IT would be perfecttttttt if you could or use another one. I just wouldnt be the same with combine.
Maxunit
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by Maxunit »

I'm still going to use the HGrunt model. But it will be a different one that owns the Combine Animations, the HGrunt from Romka has only the Rebel animiations so far. If you are getting close to a hgrunt(using romkas model), then he is standling like "I believe i can fly".
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Well, the team is implenting the original HGrunt into obsidian right now, correct? This way we'll get the correct sounds as well.
Maxunit
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by Maxunit »

Yep...so, you can maybe imagine that my map will be released way later than OC 1.2 xD...i will mostly wait for the patch before mapping all scripted stuff and before placing the npc's again.

I will just do the plain stuff like rooms etc...like an osprey map with no action xD