Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

Holy crap yes.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Erm, I'd like to hear feedback? I think a link was posted! :o
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
General_Francisco_Franco
prop_static
prop_static

Post by General_Francisco_Franco »

yay! an interesting map!

impatient to play it
Makrontt le nécron
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by Makrontt le nécron »

Just tested the a bit today an I can say it's really a great map. However I got a little problem.
You said you used the world model of a custom m60, but the default world model was rerigged (to appear in player models hands), and it don't works: machine guns are just invisible (maybe they appear in the ground, but I didn't checked).

I'm gonna test with this world model, but I'm afraid that you'll have to use the default model or include this one if you want to use it (don't know if authors would agree).
I'm back baby!
KON_Air
prop_static
prop_static

Post by KON_Air »

hrm, then maybe default m249 wasn't compiled to be used as a prop_dynamic model, just physics. If it has different positions it should still show up but a wrong position. And if that's the only problem apart from a couple of light problems I'm aware of then yay!

Edit; yep that's it, CS:S model doesn't have dynamic tag.
Makrontt le nécron
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

After fully playing, I found only one (small) problem: one m249 use the default script (I think it's the one in the trainstation) so players can ends up with two m249.
I'm back baby!
KON_Air
prop_static
prop_static

Post by KON_Air »

Hah! I forgot putting it there! Did it fell during the shelling or "The Spirit of Looking For Items in Darnest Places" still lives? :P
Makrontt le nécron
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

answer n°2. In any kind of game, I leave a room only once I went in every possible place (usually ending in places that aren't supposed to be accessible).
I'm back baby!
KON_Air
prop_static
prop_static

Post by KON_Air »

One last correction and then it is released!
KON_Air
prop_static
prop_static

Post by KON_Air »

Aah, the great outdoors... A bit spoilerish though...
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

looks cool so far, the duel carriage way seems to be cut off by combine wall, would be nice to see a blocked tunnel with shield. could bring some apc's through and into the action.

More path_corner crazyness!
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
KON_Air
prop_static
prop_static

Post by KON_Air »

could bring some apc's through and into the action.
...and what do you think of that four starting paths in front of the gate and especially the one that goes through the wall? :P

In that screenshot;

Starts with providing support to another attackforce that raids the white building (yep those pink boxes are scripted animations they set breaching charges and breach and everything :P)

Four attack teams on APCs surround the building (and one of them busts through the wall :P), a helicopter to give close support (keeps circling around the building, so sticking under the catwalk and hugging walls is mandotary to get rid of the APC troops). Also a couple of scanners that act as mobile flashbangs :P

A Gunship that also circles the building but also tries strafe the rockets from the white building. Though sticks to either path to succesfully crashland on the roof and break it.

2 troop crates ands 2 strider dropships.

Headcrab canister that tear apart the building. And spawn headcrabs naturally.

The incomplete second part. Will be quick and messy. A loading zone with the crane to get the buggy to the other side... and yes the attached trigger is a trigger hurt, you will definately get to smash striders or at least a helicopter. I did that smash a heli while testing it... an awesome thing that everyone must do at least once.

Third section, this is inside the walls, Combine Highway. You will fight on the catwalks and get the buggy to an elevator to the overpass. There you will be to open the roof of the overpass and take plunged downwards, behind the walls.

Remember Trainyard? Now make it two machineguns + two sniper + even more combine. But don't fret, this time you got rocket launchers a friendly Copter and by time you get there Gordon Freeman will be "inside their base, killing their dudes". Oh and also infinite number of meatshields and proper cover...
KON_Air
prop_static
prop_static

Post by KON_Air »

They begun on opposite sides of the street and... assumed that position. I don't know* how or why they did this but it is scary...

*Maybe because I was nocliping around.

Behold the rocketinator!. The beam doesn't guide the missiles but makes a lockon sound and flashes a sprite. And yeah sets !activator on fire for fun.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

3 qeustions.
1 is the rockenater pilotable?
2 can it also aim for you?
3 did you get the idea from the portal rocketshooters?
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
KON_Air
prop_static
prop_static

Post by KON_Air »

1-It is definately controllable, but it seems enemy npcs refuse to use it. But don't worry worldcraft has enough tricks to make it look like they are using it. Though the idea is combine use it exclusively against a friendly chopper that appears later.
2-It doesn't auto aim, it is a func_tankrocket, identical to func_turret.
3-It was at first a Suppression device, then I thought rockets would be cooler and the laz0r is just "cool" :P