Map "Oxygen" (WIP)

Show off work in progress maps.
[JSC][GU]PREDATOR
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by [JSC][GU]PREDATOR »

We will have 30 new maps the moment 1.3 comes out, because i think they fixed that water bug thing, you know at the start of Joe's maps you start in the water and it teleports you to spawn. :wink:
plus some of the maps here are beta.
marnamai
Polygon
Polygon

Post by marnamai »

Oniyuri wrote:More pics! They are as sweet! :D
Btw, you're using hdr, aren't you? There's something in those images that simply doesn't match. It looks too good! You can't make something that has that look in the source engine. Not without hdr at least. Personally I don't have hdr, so I hardly know what it looks like in darker maps...
Nope, I don't use HDR, its a secret entity I am using ^^ (the white effect against the ceiling and the superbe lighting [/brag])
destu
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by destu »

Looks good.
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

marnamai wrote:
Btw, you're using hdr, aren't you? There's something in those images that simply doesn't match. It looks too good! You can't make something that has that look in the source engine. Not without hdr at least. Personally I don't have hdr, so I hardly know what it looks like in darker maps...
Nope, I don't use HDR, its a secret entity I am using ^^ (the white effect against the ceiling and the superbe lighting [/brag])
I knew it was something! And the lightning simply looked too good! Well. I envy your skills. :)
marnamai
Polygon
Polygon

Post by marnamai »

its a env_dustcloud, here are the settings to get a nice white "glow"

color "172 172 172"
particles per sec "10" (depending in the entities size)
max particle speed "13"
min particle speed "3"
max particle lifetime "5"
max visible distance (depends on the map) "640"
frozen "yes" (a lot less less laggy)
alpha "30"
min size "100"
max size "200"
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

I really need to learn about many of the brush entities. :) physbox, triggers, buttons, doors and tracktrains I use all of the time, but there is actually so much more to find!
marnamai
Polygon
Polygon

Post by marnamai »

small update, screens in first post!
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Amazing work, you have some real talent there. Especially for advanced technological design. :thumbup:
destu
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by destu »

What skidz said

:thumbsupgabe:
HBK
Banned

Post by HBK »

What destu said

:old:
Scrap
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Scrap »

marnamai wrote:
thats actually very good becaus epeople with no HDR have this cool effect.
But i would like the effect + HDR ImageImage
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Scrap wrote:
marnamai wrote:
thats actually very good becaus epeople with no HDR have this cool effect.
But i would like the effect + HDR ImageImage
Yeah. everyone should make maps without HDR and make them shine without it. That gives those not able to use HDR a nice looking map and when HDR is turned on you get a hell of a show!
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Vasili »

[JSC]_PREDATOR wrote:We will have 30 new maps the moment 1.3 comes out, because i think they fixed that water bug thing, you know at the start of Joe's maps you start in the water and it teleports you to spawn. :wink:
plus some of the maps here are beta.
It would be nice if they used the normal hl2 water texture's that have benath's.
marnamai
Polygon
Polygon

Post by marnamai »

Sorry to say, but I put this map on hold.
While playtesting some area's I learned a lot about coop.
Somestuff in the map just isn't functionable for coop and I need bigger hallways rooms and stuff ... with 4 people running around its allready crownded.

I am probably gonna think up a efficient layout and then restart the map.

Thx for all the comments.
HBK
Banned

Post by HBK »

Looks promising. I'm looking forward for this map.