oc_ag_arena

Show off work in progress maps.
Spoon God
Donator
Donator

oc_ag_arena

Post by Spoon God »

Link: Screenshots from B04

These screenshots are from my 4th beta, so they arent completely up-to-date. To see the newest version, scroll to the bottom of this post for info on how to join the beta test server. B04 only had one arena, and one wave (2 fast zombies), that were quickly finished in an attempt to test if the system works. I need your suggestions for waves, arenas and extras.

A map where a team of players, or a single player, can enter the arena and take on random waves of enemies, in a random arena. I'm planning to add a random helpful extra too, like a chainsaw, a breakable shield (func_physbox based stuff,) friendly npc's ect.

You start in a bar - not a typially run-down american bar/tavern, Moe's from 'The Simpsons', for instance. It's a taditional English pub, which overlooks the arena. You start without weapons to make it realistic and relaxing, but you get specific weapons when you choose a class. At the moment there are 5 classes:
- Sniper - Sniper Rifle, Pistol and stunstick.
- Medic - SMG, Pistol and healer (shows but is un-collectable).
- General Soldier - AR2, Shotgun and SMG.
- Explosive Soldier - SMG (with grenades), RPG and grenades.
- Unnamed Class - Gravity Gun, Alyx Gun and grenades (less than explosive soldier).

Each weapon comes with 3 boxes of ammo/rockets/wutevar.

You choose a class by entering the teleporter for that specific class, you will then be teleported to the waiting room with the weapons.
You can exit the waiting room by walking into the exit teleporter (this will strip your weapons before you teleport.)
In the waiting room there is a button, which when pressed, will decend through the floor and will warn anyone in the pub that there is a match about to start. After about 10-30 seconds (still deciding on that) the teleporters will close, and the NPC's and arena will be created. Then after a few seconds, the doors to the arena will open, and shortly close. Once all the NPC's are dead, the doors will open, and the team will be allowed about 10-20 seconds celebration time before the doors close and the arena resets. If the team dies, however, the NPC's will be allowed a few seconds to celebrate (be idle =D) then the arena will instantly reset.

The bartender is a vortigaunt, so if you arent at 100 health, you can buy some beer from him. The beer will heal you if you place it on one of the tables.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Link: Screenshots from B04
These screenshots are from my 4th beta, so they arent completely up-to-date.

If your interested I will be hosting the map to test every now and then, my server will be called "Aperture GamerZ Map Test Server" on the map 'oc_ag_arena_b##'.

Just dont expect a finished map.
Last edited by Spoon God on Mon May 11, 2009 12:19 am, edited 13 times in total.
Spoon God
Donator
Donator

Post by Spoon God »

EDIT
My site refused to show the page, but its working now.
If it happens again just try again in about an hour.
Last edited by Spoon God on Wed May 06, 2009 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

looks good in my opinion.
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image