Map of the Half Life 2 Universe

Talk about Valve games and mods.
TheOrangeCube
Polygon
Polygon

Post by TheOrangeCube »

shiftey wrote:
Ny wrote:I'm working on this next weekend
Awesome! That'd be really handy when I start mapping again.
ah yes a reason for the mod. yeah I will start working on that, seeing that I need to anyways. I am making a mod called "Role Play : Source" right now we are just throwing around ideas but we think that having one big map would be great :!: :thumbup:
TheOrangeCube
Polygon
Polygon

Post by TheOrangeCube »

Ny wrote: Hopefully I should have this done by the end of next month, unless someone else wants to take it up?
I will help, to become more recognized in this community =)
and I think every one needs this =)
TheOrangeCube
Polygon
Polygon

Post by TheOrangeCube »

oh yeah about the hammer max size I need some one to help me with that.
I am trying to make an env_load_area. Which If I am thinking correctly should let you connect a map with another section. But I do not mean like in the campaign, I mean like... say you are at the edge of a map and you hit the load point. You would not be at the edge of the other map, it would bind the 2 so you could be in the middle, which cuts down loading time. Does that sound like a good idea?

(edit) yeah kind of forgot about the edit button
Last edited by TheOrangeCube on Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Edit button, use it.
Ny
Phone Donator
Phone Donator

Post by Ny »

This is the first thing I plan to work on asap when I get OC re-installed.

Did some research and found this http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Level_Overviews.
I'll have a look at it and do a test run soon. WeCantShoot (my website) will close soon as I have no need for it, so any preview pics will be uploaded to somewhere that I can find a decent uploader for pictures
:nyoron:
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Vasili »

Any update news Ny?
Ny
Phone Donator
Phone Donator

Post by Ny »

Vasili wrote:Any update news Ny?
Been a bit busy today, will start on it in a bit

*edit* - finished point Chapter 1 (Point Insertion) from the looks of it this is going to be a very large picture
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Vasili »

:lol:

As long as it doesn't crash my internets while I try to load it, I'm ok with it.
Ny
Phone Donator
Phone Donator

Post by Ny »

**UPDATE**
Recently finished "A Red Letter Day" and will be posting a screenshot soon. Started on Route Canal and Water Hazard (I'm combining these two because they require the largest amount of stitching)
Mr. Someguy
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Mr. Someguy »

Maybe this can help: http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg41 ... 2map-1.jpg

(huge image warning)

Also, one thing that I've noted is that the map I've posted, despite being taken from the actual levels, doesn't seem to match up perfectly. Especially the coast. It has the same basic design and structure, but alot of parts are misplaced. The only reason for this is because the mappers probably didn't bother to measure everything out when they made the maps.
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Vasili »

Mr. Someguy wrote:Maybe this can help: http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg41 ... 2map-1.jpg

(huge image warning)

Also, one thing that I've noted is that the map I've posted, despite being taken from the actual levels, doesn't seem to match up perfectly. Especially the coast. It has the same basic design and structure, but alot of parts are misplaced. The only reason for this is because the mappers probably didn't bother to measure everything out when they made the maps.
I'm sure that can be ammended.
Ny
Phone Donator
Phone Donator

Post by Ny »

To be honest Vasili I'm not totally sure. I'm using a scale factor of 5 on mine so the final image will be at least 3 times the size of Someguy's.

Also my method of stitching is quite long and extensive. Instead of just matching the pictures together at the relevent points, I'm layering them and deleting the parts that dont match. You can see this in my preview picture of the first chapter.

Anyways nice work on the pic Someguy I'll put it in the first post (New topic in misc releases - http://www.obsidianconflict.net/forums/ ... php?t=3441)