Left 4 Dead: Your Survival Mode stories

Talk about Valve games and mods.
RocketRunner
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Left 4 Dead: Your Survival Mode stories

Post by RocketRunner »

This thread will be for all tales of your experiences on the new Survival Mode for L4D.

I'll get the ball rolling:
Today, I joined a random lobby on No Mercy, Finale.
First attempt: We do fairly well, I even manage to get my first Bronze Medal. However, if I remember correctly, we were finished off by Smokers.
Second attempt: Again, not too bad. However, the one guy who was left was finished off due to being sandwiched by tanks. (Wow :o )
Third attempt: A friend joined before we started and the guy whom I mentioned in the second attempt left. Long story short, we get like, I think 5 minutes before my health just gets finished off by what I believe was a Smoker-Hunter-Tank combo. My friend was finished off by a Smoker and horde. PS: In the moment before I was knocked down again, my health was at 5. I saw a Smoker duo, and I was like "frak it" and let myself get decimated.

Now, time for you to share your stories of masochistic struggling and eventual failure.
I usually run from rockets.
Pretty straightforward.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

My story about trying to join a public survival game on release day:

-You were kicked from the lobby.

-Server Shutting down.

-Connection failed after 4 retries.

-Connection failed after 4 retries.

-Server shutting down.

-oh look, im finally on a server, which is hosted by someone with 56k.

-finally managed to get on a server with a playable ping (200) and after dieing 5 times in a row because theres no cooperation at all,

-I joined a server with an actually good ping but with 1 person being afk and the other one not cooperating.

-frak this, im playing dead air versus.

Oh, seems like i found a lobby thats not a friends-only lobby but set to public game, but instead i joined a lobby full of french speaking people who think the lobby is msn, after 5 minutes of waiting, i left and

-Finally joined a good server with good ping and non-leaving team mates and had fun for about 2 hours

I havent touched survival since, its shit with pubers and friends games were either full or random messing around (im looking at you, hell-met :P)
Makrontt le nécron
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by Makrontt le nécron »

Wow, four exclamation marks. Is this going to be hard?

The result:

Damn, it's hard there's more special infected than survivors. But it's still enjoyable if you find teammates who don't trow a molotov at you.
I'm back baby!
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

i joined a group from a friend hes quite the nice guy we went to work together and i even got bronze on my first try. sure was fun till a jerk joined.(it was a public server). that guy completly messed it up.
he shot the gastanks too early trew the molotofs too early and at places the zombies didnt come from. and wen we had to fight together against a tank that guy went running away and wen we kild the tank he said it was al thanks to him.

and then i saw a gastank under him and couldnt resist shooting it.

he was burning and then the horde and a smoker kild him we were al deep inside happy he died.
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
RocketRunner
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by RocketRunner »

Makrontt le nécron wrote:Wow, four exclamation marks. Is this going to be hard?
Damn, it's hard there's more special infected than survivors. But it's still enjoyable if you find teammates who don't trow a molotov at you.
Strange, that's never happened to me before.
Also, yeah, Survival is good.
I usually run from rockets.
Pretty straightforward.