Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

stop posting the same thing in 2 threads
BL3SSED1
Pixel

Post by BL3SSED1 »

Hello everyone, I've read thought this thread, and I want to confirm something.

Is it possible to play the HL1:S coop without the use of a dedicated server.

What I would like to do is play HL1:S with one other friend coop. Please point to the correct thread if I'm posting in the incorrect section.

I own HL1:S | HL2 | EP1 | EP2
I've downloaded and installed, OC
I've downloaded the Source SDK and Source SDK 2006 and 2007 [I really don't know what those are used for]
Within OC under mod options I have HL1:S HL2 EP1 EP2 and CS:S checked off,
I exited OC relaunched OC and then went to create server. I didn't see or understand how to start HL1:S with coop, all I saw was a list of different maps.

All the help would be greatly appreciated. I will admit I'm a total noob when it comes to mods, I've never used a mod for any game.
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

BL3SSED1 wrote:Is it possible to play the HL1:S coop without the use of a dedicated server.
As long as the person hosting it has it mounted, it should work.
I exited OC relaunched OC and then went to create server. I didn't see or understand how to start HL1:S with coop, all I saw was a list of different maps.
You can start up a map with the

Code: Select all

map <map name>
console command, or load up oc_lobby and break down the door of the chapter in the campaign you wish to play. It's the room on the left side of the spawn.
I've downloaded the Source SDK and Source SDK 2006 and 2007 [I really don't know what those are used for]
The Source SDK is used to create mods, or custom content for mods and Valve games (like maps, models, etc). The Source SDK Base is the one required to run mods. There's two versions, one runs on Source Engine 2006 and the other runs on Source Engine 2007 (OC uses this one).
marklar45
Pixel

Re: Setting up an oc Server

Post by marklar45 »

OMG I did this once but my server broke a while ago so now Im getting it setup again and have removed and reinstalled about 12 times and ever time I get an error or it says my server is out of date. This is seriously hard why is it like this?
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Sigh.

http://obsidianconflict.net/forums/view ... =29&t=4283

When checking the sticky RIGHT BELOW the other sticky you just posted in is too hard.
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

I've set up a refined version of the wiki page linked to in the first post here with clearer instructions to help the uninitiated. Hope it comes in handy.
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

I wonder why I fraking left a note on the bottom of the page if fraking no one reads it
sometimes I really wonder why I fraking try to help the community at all
ARBY
Vertex
Vertex

Post by ARBY »

I seem to get this error. I have looked through all my files and cant seem to find it. Any ideas?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=33o1uys&s=7
This is mearly a test of the emergency broadcast system. If this were a real test you would be dead
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

Did you copy/move the files from srcds/hl2 into srcds/orangebox/hl2? This step is vital.
Also, what map are you loading?
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
ARBY
Vertex
Vertex

Post by ARBY »

Wow I copied all my gfc's and over looked that thanks that did it. Also it says my server is out of date. Is there a .bat I should make to fix this? I got one for CSS and OB but those are up to date as I installed those first.

Also I am running the bat file in the OP's post to start the server for the first time.

Also also I added the mounts for the other games. But do I have to copy over any files from my steamapps folder as I did before for installing the server?
This is mearly a test of the emergency broadcast system. If this were a real test you would be dead
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

See this thread to find out how to fix the 'server is out of date' error.

Yes, you will need everything to be inside the 'orangebox' folder (e.g. orangebox/cstrike).

laserrobotics
Polygon
Polygon

Post by laserrobotics »

Lol, I decided to set up a server again and had been going crazy attempting to get a few key parts done since the wiki is slightly incomplete. I came to this thread to ask for help, saw my old posts and the guide that I had linked to, and got everything fixed.
dos130
Pixel

Help make server

Post by dos130 »

Help make the server through Team Viewer
My Skype djoker7500