Experiencing missing textures and some models...

Server Help/Discussion.
JigglyWiggly
Banned

Experiencing missing textures and some models...

Post by JigglyWiggly »

Hello, so here's the problem: I installed the server correctly, I know for a fact I did, I followed the one on the Wiki, almost every single map runs fine, part of oc, hl2, hl2 ep1, ep2, but there are a few oddball maps, usually from garrysmod that cause my server to show missing textures/models. Thing is, they work fine on my desktop :?

The map I tried is rp_salvation http://www.garrysmod.com/?dont_buff_my_ ... _Salvation

There are missing textures, and I see wireframe, when I play on my server, but why? In the mounts folder on the server I have
css
ep2
episodic

Desktop I have:
css
ep2
episodic
static(ati card here)

Also I have 2 seperate but related questions, did the css content actually get installed correctly on my server? I had my server with a few problems a week ago and the css weapons did not work correctly, and I could move through a lot of the props from the css maps. So what I did was I went into the i went into thbe cstrike folder and put it into the obsidian folder. It solved the issues with the css weapons, they didn't reload properly before. But now I started fresh with my server, and I didn't want to do that, because it seems "dirty".

Also how do I install lost coast? It's not in the wiki. I was thinking of putting the lost coast folder from the lostcoast content.gcf to the orangebox folder and add the blankfile in the mounts.
Turkey72
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Turkey72 »

well jiggly, rp_salvation is pretty much fraked. when i visited the map(note that i had all but hl1:s mounted) it had some textures like the dirt, but the water and everything else was missing textures or wireframe. maybe you mounted something incorrectly on the server? now its either just THAT exact map with the problems or its the server. because on other css required maps everything was fine.
We will miss ya billy.
JigglyWiggly
Banned

Post by JigglyWiggly »

I fixed it just a fyi, I just made a modify file, and I have a file in the maps folder that forces the clients to download this modify txt as well.

Here's what I just put in it, works great.

Code: Select all

rp_salvation
{

"MountEpisodeOne"	"1"
  "MountEpisodeTwo"	"1"

SpawnItems
{

"weapon_physcannon" "1"
    "weapon_healer" "1"
    "custom_ak47new" "1"
    "custom_mp5_de_prodigy" "1"
    "custom_p228" "1"