Hosting a Dedicated server

Server Help/Discussion.
SuShemSu
Vertex
Vertex

Hosting a Dedicated server

Post by SuShemSu »

Okay so I tried to use the process stated in the sticky on the original thread for hosting an obsidian server but when I try to use the hl tool thingy it kept messing up. So I tried to use the synergy server considering the possibility it might be a simpler alternative. Unfortunately when I try to launch the server I get an error saying "c:\program\gameinfo.txt" is missing.

pretty please help?
Dr.Stinglock
Donator
Donator

Post by Dr.Stinglock »

The hl tool thingy isn't working? Perhaps you should ask it nicely to stop messing up. ( Or alteratively, you could always provide some information such as what error you get? What you actually have as your cmd line for the hldsupdatool )

Good luck with the greenland server thingy though. I'm not really sure what you are talking about but it sounds like an executables path just needs some quotes.
JerC
Donator
Donator

Post by JerC »

Sy-nergy dedicated server can laucnch OC dedicated servers,like W0rf0x use DIPRIP DS for make his homehosted server...
Please don't take my posts before 2013 too seriously. It will be better for both you and I :c
laserrobotics
Polygon
Polygon

Post by laserrobotics »

I believe I fixed this problem by completely shutting down my antivirus program, although it only seemed to do this to Popcap games.
SuShemSu
Vertex
Vertex

Post by SuShemSu »

okay so i ended up getting the dedicated to work based off of the stick in the forums on the creating an oc server thingy, but it crashes every time i change to a select few maps?

(btw the whole firewall thingy I dont have any running currenly and the other version still doesnt work : p (would be easier to run it through the synergy thingy but lol)

also i cannot find the half-life source.cgf? lol i own and downloaded all of hl1 and hl2 but nothnig
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Which 'select few maps' ?

And if you own it the it sould be in your steamapps folder along with the other GCF's.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Dr.Stinglock
Donator
Donator

Post by Dr.Stinglock »

Those select 'few' maps possibly required EP1 or/and EP2 to be mounted.

What mounts do you currently have? The dedicated server should say what it's mounting upon startup.
SuShemSu
Vertex
Vertex

Post by SuShemSu »

I can't seem to find anything say anything was mounted : /
If I wasn't mistaken I thought I just had to create a bunch of blank files in the mounts folder?

and unfortunately if I remember correctly these are maps that will run probably 2 minutes or 3 before crashing *no set time* (don't think its a mounting problem)