"Engine Error: SetupArrayProps_R: array prop '(null)' i

Server Help/Discussion.
Alahadi
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Alahadi »

TESLA-X4 wrote:If you really need to get the server up a.s.a.p., for now, rename your bin folder to something like 'bin_se2009', then use the engine binaries I posted above in their place. It should work fine, but don't see it as a long term solution.
I did not even rename the bin folder I just used the engine binaries you posted and now I can start the server but I cant connect to it i get this error:

Engine Error

Couldn't allocate any server IP port
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

-game "orangebox" MUST be the last thing you do with hldsupdatetool, if not you are required to delete the bin folder in orangebox and re-run -game "orangebox"
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

I believe you're starting the server after your OC client, so your client has 'reserved' port 27015 for itself. Try removing the '-port 27015' from the command line in your batch script. Do note that this means you'll need to take note of what port the server is actually running on. To do that, simply execute the 'status' command in the server console, the port number is listed with the IP the server thinks it's on (if you're behind a NAT device, this will be your LAN IP).
Last edited by TESLA-X4 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

i always use -port 27020 for dedicated ones :P

btw. -ip <if you have a static public ip enter it here otherwise the local computer one>

prevents some other problems like rcon not being usable
Alahadi
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Alahadi »

Neico wrote:i always use -port 27020 for dedicated ones :P

btw. -ip <if you have a static public ip enter it here otherwise the local computer one>

prevents some other problems like rcon not being usable
C:\srcds\orangebox\srcds.exe -console -game obsidian -port 27020 -ip 213.112.32.164 +map oc_lobby +maxplayers 8

Engine Error
Couldn't allocate any hltv IP port ; /
Alahadi
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Alahadi »

TESLA-X4 wrote:I believe you're starting the server after your OC client, so your client has 'reserved' port 27015 for itself. Try removing the '-port 27015' from the command line in your batch script. Do note that this means you'll need to take note of what port the server is actually running on. To do that, simply execute the 'status' command in the server console, the port number is listed with the IP the server thinks it's on (if you're behind a NAT device, this will be your LAN IP).
I can now connect to the server while using:
C:\srcds\orangebox\srcds.exe -console -game obsidian -port 27015 -ip 213.112.32.164 +map oc_lobby +maxplayers 8

But I get "connection failed after 4 retries" :/
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

Your computer has an external IP address? Afaik manaully adding -ip <your external IP> if your computer has been given a LAN IP (e.g. 192.168.0.x) doesn't work and just causes more trouble.

Edit:
If your computer has a LAN IP, you will need to configure your modem to forward incoming packets on port 27015 (or whatever port you decide to run the server on) to it. In this case, do not use the -ip command switch - it's not going to work.
If your computer has an external IP, you can use the -ip switch safely.
Last edited by TESLA-X4 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alahadi
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Alahadi »

TESLA-X4 wrote:I believe you're starting the server after your OC client, so your client has 'reserved' port 27015 for itself. Try removing the '-port 27015' from the command line in your batch script. Do note that this means you'll need to take note of what port the server is actually running on. To do that, simply execute the 'status' command in the server console, the port number is listed with the IP the server thinks it's on (if you're behind a NAT device, this will be your LAN IP).
I've tried that and I noticed that my port was 27011 so I changed the bat file to "C:\srcds\orangebox\srcds.exe -console -game obsidian -port 27011 -ip 213.112.32.164 +map oc_lobby +maxplayers 8" and now I can find the server on the internet instead of lan but still I get the "connection failed after 4 retries".
Alahadi
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Alahadi »

TESLA-X4 wrote:Your computer has an external IP address? Afaik manaully adding -ip <your external IP> if your computer has been given a LAN IP (e.g. 192.168.0.x) doesn't work and just causes more trouble.
I'm realy sorry to say that I dont know what you mean with "external IP adress", but I did not give it my LAN ip I took the IP I got from whatismyip homepage..
Alahadi
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Alahadi »

Edit:
If your computer has a LAN IP, you will need to configure your modem to forward incoming packets on port 27015 (or whatever port you decide to run the server on) to it. In this case, do not use the -ip command switch - it's not going to work.
If your computer has an external IP, you can use the -ip switch safely.
I tried to remove the -ip and now I just get the error again
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

Yeah, that's your external IP address. To find out if you have a LAN IP address, open up a new command prompt window and enter:

Code: Select all

ipconfig
Look for something like:

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.x
If your IP address looks very similar to the above, you cannot use the -ip switch. However, if you see the same address as your external IP, you can use the -ip switch.
Alahadi
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Alahadi »

Well there is 2 players online at my server right now(What server says).. But I can't connect :P
Alahadi
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Alahadi »

IPv4-adress....: 213.112.32.164

I've tried with "C:\srcds\orangebox\srcds.exe -console -game obsidian -port 27011 -ip switch +map oc_lobby +maxplayers 8"

I still get the same problem : /

EDIT:

ServiceStart: started as local thread
Adding master server 216.207.205.99:27011
Adding master server 216.207.205.98:27011
Connection to Steam servers successful.

but still I can't connect without Engine Error..
Last edited by Alahadi on Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

that isn't a LAN IP
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

Lol, wait, I was referring to -ip <IP address>, not literally -ip switch!

Also, how are you connecting to the server? Through the server list? Or are you typing connect <IP> in the console? If you're doing it the console way, you will need to add the port as well, or the game will assume it to be 27015.
I.e.:

connect 213.112.32.164:27011