Lan/Dedicated server problem.

Server Help/Discussion.
DELTA 38
Pixel

Lan/Dedicated server problem.

Post by DELTA 38 »

For an hour or 2 i'm trieng to fix some kind of server on wich I can play with a real life friend on. Making a "create server" and turning sv_lan 0 didn't work. (restricted to local client stuff) Then we tried through Hamachi but still got the local client error so that doesn't work neither.
Then my friend made an Dedicated server and that works, but the problem is that I can't manage to make one.
So I do the same as my friend.
I open the dedicated server tool, choose Obsidian Conflict 1.35, enter all the required stuff and click on Start Server. When its preparing the server it comes up with the following error: missing "C:\Program\gameinfo.txt"
I've searched all over the forum and found some threads with this problem but couldn't find an answer how to fix this.
As I said, my friend can perfectly make a server with the same method but he doesn't know how to help me.
I tried to make a folder named Program in my C and put a copy of gameinfo in there, but when i try to make a server then, its busy making it and then suddenly dissapears without error.
I'm really starting to rage about this. D:

Edit:
We just found out that onely my friend can play on his server, and I can't find his server (not even through IP). So there is no single way for us to play together on a map except for with a LAN cable or joining an existing server?
free4all
Vertex
Vertex

Post by free4all »

Man i have THE SAME problem, hope some1 can fix that, because is is way lot easier to make server with that tool.

Your friend need to forward ports or use DMZ host.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

I dont know exactly your problem but I'd say its because you're not using srcds to make your dedicated server with. Using scrds your more likely to get help as the server setup tutorial is also based on the use of srcds
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
free4all
Vertex
Vertex

Post by free4all »

srcds is "hard" to use, setting up server with gui is much more faster and easier for newbies.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Maybe, all I know is that I never successfully launch an oc server using gui, though have twice setup a server using srcds (I'm not saying its easy, just that its what I know works).

Sorry if I sound a bit blunt its just I know this advice is normally given to people trying to run the gui to make an oc server.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
IceTea
Vertex
Vertex

Re: Lan/Dedicated server problem.

Post by IceTea »

Me too, I think I get the same problem on srcds too