Feelin' a bit small!

Server Help/Discussion.
Rufus
Polygon
Polygon

Feelin' a bit small!

Post by Rufus »

Okay, sorry for the silly title. But seriously, I am actually feeling shorter now.

I dunno why, or what has happened, but for something has changed about the player physics in the engine, and in no small way (if you'll pardon the pun).

It looks like the player models are smaller now. I can't tell for sure, but stock doorways look massive in third person mode. (The change must be around about 75% of the normal player height.)
The real problem this change has brought though, is the fact, now, it's difficult to jump. Very difficult to jump.
For instance, you can't jump the fence in Harvest. You have to crouch to get on top of barrels and crates. At first glance, it may seem more realistic, until I discovered that I can't even jump on top of a small ledge on anther map that I used to be able to clear without hassle.

So, now, I'll explain why this is here.
The problem I have with this isn't the change itself. It's the fact I can't access the right variables to change it back. I don't mind if this is a new default, but I would like to be able to jump that fence on oc_harvest again.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Re: Feelin' a bit small!

Post by Shana »

No idea what you're talking about, i didn't notice anything.
Rufus
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Rufus »

Seriously? Everything feels wrong. I land from a jump and skid half a mile.

I guess, really the important thing is if you can still get to those parts of missions where you need to crouch jump.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Eh? you're a first then.

How about showing some comparison pics?
Rufus
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Rufus »

Argh, it's hard to tell, and to get comparisons, I'd have to revert the engine version without changing the OC version.

I'll take a look at DM though, see if I can get comparisons from that.

Edit: Looked at DM. DM acts the exact same way, even though I can remember jumping on certain ledges before.
DM also doesn't have the commands for modifying airspeed and the related tweaks. So, I'm stumped on this. Oh well.
Misfire
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Misfire »

Would be nice to see comparison shots, because pretty sure nothing has changed with the size :shock:
[ChenZen.org] Obsidian Conflict NYC | EP1/EP2 | FAST-DL
96.242.154.6:27017
LordDz
Polygon
Polygon

Post by LordDz »

Maybe you've played too many other games, all characters in original Half-Life 2 are about 1.6 meters in height :)