Server problem

Server Help/Discussion.
kritzrix22
Pixel

Server problem

Post by kritzrix22 »

My brother and I got Obsidian Conflict today and have spent the past several hours trying to create a server.Every time we could not see eachothers server.We have done every fix we could find on this forum but they dont work.We are on the same network and have at least one source game.Obsidian conflict appears on our list.I am at the point of breaking something because of it :evil: .I know this problem might have been posted in serveral different ways.
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Re: Server problem

Post by TESLA-X4 »

A few questions for better understanding of the situation:
Have you ever hosted servers for other Source Engine based games (such as Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Source, etc) successfully?
Is it a listen server (i.e. launched with the 'Create Server' button) or a dedicated server (i.e. a Command Prompt window with nothing but gray words on a black background)?
Have you attempted to connect to the server by its IP address using the connect console command instead of the server browser?
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
kritzrix22
Pixel

Post by kritzrix22 »

This is the first time I have tryed on my laptop.My computer can create servers but its a piece of junk.I use the create server button since I can never get the dedicated server running even on my computer.We have tryed to connect through the consle.Sorry if I did not answer in great detail I just got out of bed so I am not fully awake.
Axel_m3sh
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Axel_m3sh »

All else fails, port forward lol (or you can try to create that virtual ip lan thingy w/ hamachi) meh
kritzrix22
Pixel

Post by kritzrix22 »

My brother refuses to touch hamachi.No matter what i ask him. :poke:
mmavipc
Vertex
Vertex

Post by mmavipc »

once in-game, after clicking create server, do,

Code: Select all