"Retrieving Server info" prob when using oc_paysan dedic ser

Server Help/Discussion.
funk
Vertex
Vertex

"Retrieving Server info" prob when using oc_paysan dedic ser

Post by funk »

Hi guys, I hope someone can help me with this very annoying problem. I have spent 4-5 days trying to figure it out, when I start my server for oc_paysan_B11, me and my friends can join. But after a while in game, say 30mins if I crash, or disconnect and try join again and it get stuck in "Retrieving Server info". I've left it there for at least 10mins and still stays on that part about 3/4 in the loading bar for any client that tries to connect.

One thing to add is that i'm running the server inside a virtual machine(vmware server with xp as vm host) to be able to make snapshots of whole server os so that I can save current progress of the map, so that I can reload whenevr I want, and that works. But the retrieving server info problem happens on it own without me saveing and loading, just running without saving like a normal server.

I have tried tickrate vac, no vac and others i cant remember.

Here is my config:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Network vars for overall better communication
net_queued_packet_thread "1" // This is a very good and optimized setting so it's recommended to leave it
net_splitrate "1024" // This is a very good and optimized setting so it's recommended to leave it
net_splitpacket_maxrate "30000" // This is a very good and optimized setting so it's recommended to leave it

---------------------------------------------------------------
below are settngs i've played with as well:
-------------------------------------------------------------
sv_maxrate "20000" // recommended for homehosted servers is 20000, otherwise leave it at 0
sv_minrate "10000" // can be between 10000 - 20000 (depends on the bandwith speed), for those with a very good bandwith speed leave it at 30000 (homehosted servers usually use 10000)
sv_maxupdaterate "10" // can be between 10 - 20 !IMPORTANT!: Only useful for homehosted servers
hostname "Funks oc_paysan server"
rcon_password secure01
sv_region 5
net_maxfilesize 1
sv_allowdownload 0
sv_allowupload 0
sv_downloadurl "http://x.x.x.x:x/obsidian/"
sv_consistency 0
sv_pure 0
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Re: "Retrieving Server info" prob when using oc_paysan dedic

Post by TESLA-X4 »

I see either of two things happening:
1) Stringtable overload, possibly caused by server plugins registering custom downloads and/or too many precaches.
2) A condition where the server has to synchronize so much entity data with the client that it encounters a problem (check your client console for errors)
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
funk
Vertex
Vertex

Post by funk »

TESLA-X4 wrote:I see either of two things happening:
1) Stringtable overload, possibly caused by server plugins registering custom downloads and/or too many precaches.
2) A condition where the server has to synchronize so much entity data with the client that it encounters a problem (check your client console for errors)
Hmm, seems I get this message in clients console:

Netchannel: failed reading message net_SetConVar from x.x.x.x:27015

and the only working solution I have searched is to restart the server which isn't acceptable imo.
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

I guess it's closer to #1, without the crash that typically accompanies it (i.e. the tables are overloaded just beyond the point where the clients can successfully synchronize their stringtables with the server, but not badly enough to result in a server crash.
In layman's terms, try running the server without any plugins, or if there are none installed, there's little else you can do. Sorry. :(
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.