Dedicated Server crashes on the same things every time

Server Help/Discussion.
DerGrosseChaot
Pixel

Dedicated Server crashes on the same things every time

Post by DerGrosseChaot »

Hello,
sorry for the stupid title, but my english isn't the best so i hope you understand me.

So, i have the following Problem with my dedicated Server.
Every time in ep1_oc_brokenescape the server is crashing when we are killing the second strider. Realy every time! The hit which would kill the second strider kills the server. Jeah i think this is also a kind of way to beat the map... *laugh

The next problem is with ep2_oc_broken_escape. Every time we kill the helicopter it is crashing into the highway sign and the server is dead.

Well, ep2_oc_broken_escape crashed since the first day we tried to kill the helicopter (on local lan-server it's not a problem). But ep1_oc_broken_escape worked at first without a problem. We haven't changed really much on the server. Sometimes we updated the contents.

The second time we've installed the server (though we could prevent the problem with a reinstall) we've just installed orangebox over srcds. The same error. First strider no problem (in ep1_broken_escape) but the second means servercrash...

I really don't have any clue what can i do to fix this problem. Maybe you've got some hints for me?

Greetings from germany

DerGrosseChaot
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Re: Dedicated Server crashes on the same things every time

Post by TESLA-X4 »

Two things I need to know, 1) are you using any server plugins (e.g. Metamod: Source, SourceMod and plugins for them)? If you are, a list of them would be useful to eliminate potential causes, but if you don't wish to provide that, you'll need to try reproducing the crash without having any plugins loaded. This is to eliminate the possibility of a malfunctioning or incompatible plugin being the cause. Also, 2) are you using the server hotfix? If you are, please PM the crash dumps to me (look for the most recent .mdmp files).
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
DerGrosseChaot
Pixel

Post by DerGrosseChaot »

Good Morning,

after the reinstall we are running the server without any plugins. Befor the reinstall it was metamod and sourcemod.

Yes, serverhotfix is installed.

As soon as i have time and i can access the dumpfiles, i will send it to you. At the moment i can't reach the server over remote (maintenance) and i think i am not at home when the server is back on. Could be tomorrow.

Greetings

Chaot
DerGrosseChaot
Pixel

Post by DerGrosseChaot »

Hey,

sent you a PM with the link.

Greetings

Chaot
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

PM received, thanks. Only three of the dumps were usable (the others were within the engine so we can't do much about it as modders, if at all), and they all pointed to npc_apcdriver entities. Both crashes were caused by the spawning of APCs (and their drivers), so it looks suspiciously like a vehicle script issue. Try adding these two files to the obsidian/scripts/vehicles folder on the server.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
DerGrosseChaot
Pixel

Post by DerGrosseChaot »

Hey!

It seems like that you are my hero. Just testet the Map on the fly with Godmode on the server. Seems to work. No crash. Hope, without Godmode it will be the same. ^^ (Don't have a friend on who can test with me now)

I will text again if i have should have more issues.

Greetings

Chaot
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

Good to hear that the issue has been resolved for you. :)