OC Playermodel Pack 4 (44 Models Converted/No New Requests!)

Obsidian Conflict Playermodels go here.
Jeffman12
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Jeffman12 »

Actually, they didn't use that term, strangely enough, but they didn't say laid off either.
Blues
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Blues »

Jeffman12 wrote:I feel that your persistence that you know my intent better than I, myself, is aimed to make me lose my cool. Plus, it just seems like you're trying to get the last word in, now.
Oh that's just Keychain's nature, you better forgive her for that, it's no use trying to argue with her - she doesn't really want anything bad, but she always insists on her opinion and has a strong belief in being right all alone.

If you see that as an insulting post, Keychain, please contact me and I will edit it. I just wanted to inform Jeffman a little, so there will not be another few "entertaining hours".
I expressed these few sentences in my best English and I hope I always picked the right words to describe my thoughts - which would've been much easier in German for me. ;)
Image Image Image

Excuse me for being rude. I'm usually drunk while posting.
laserrobotics
Polygon
Polygon

Post by laserrobotics »

What exactly is needed to make a player model, if it would have no animations(think TF2 civilian glitches)? Because I would be willing to do everything necessary to make the companion cube a playermodel.
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

Nah it's good.
Blues
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Blues »

How would a metal cube have any animations if it's not a transformer?
So: The only thing you need to do to realize your maniac ideas would be to add attachment points for the weapons and replace all the animations a playermodel would have by ones with the same names pointing to the reference model file.

Or something like that
Image Image Image

JerC
Donator
Donator

Post by JerC »

Thats why you cant requests companions cubes....
Please don't take my posts before 2013 too seriously. It will be better for both you and I :c
laserrobotics
Polygon
Polygon

Post by laserrobotics »

-=jerC=- wrote:Thats why you cant requests companions cubes....
Because an animationless playermodel isn't possible? Or because it's easy to make?
JerC
Donator
Donator

Post by JerC »

laserrobotics wrote:
Because an animationless playermodel isn't possible? Or because it's easy to make?
:medic: ,ITneed animations,or else how do you expect it when it die?
Please don't take my posts before 2013 too seriously. It will be better for both you and I :c
Blues
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Blues »

laserrobotics wrote:
jerC is French, just ignore him.

Nah, just kidding, jerC, I like the French ;)

An animationless playermodel would look like shit. That's it. But if you want to make it, just read some tutorials on XSI and go ahead an create the playermodel.
Image Image Image

JerC
Donator
Donator

Post by JerC »

Blues wrote:
laserrobotics wrote:
jerC is French.
Something wrong with that? :(
laserrobotics
Polygon
Polygon

Post by laserrobotics »

Blues wrote:
laserrobotics wrote:
jerC is French, just ignore him.

Nah, just kidding, jerC, I like the French ;)

An animationless playermodel would look like shit. That's it. But if you want to make it, just read some tutorials on XSI and go ahead an create the playermodel.
I just don't understand what would be so bad about it having no animations. I suppose it would be hard to tell when it was dead, unless you had it float when alive, but it's not like it's a ragdoll floating through the air.

I actually had a better idea, and am now going to see if I can make a Weighted Companion Cube Cart, a little floating thing with a notch for weapons and 2-3 cubes stacked on it. At least then it would have a more believable relation with the hitbox. The only animation would be it falling over when dead.
killkill85
Fatal Error (IQ = -10)
Fatal Error (IQ = -10)

Post by killkill85 »

That would be so funny,a companion cube playermodel.Imagine it mining in paysan.ILL SEARCH ON GARRYSMOS.ORG TO SE IF THERE IS A TARNSFORMER COMPANION CUBE PLAYERMODEL!I highly doubt there will be one,but as we all know,garrysmod.org is an endless pit of stuff,so there is a chance.

Edit(lol an edit less than 5 minutes after a post LOL):I checked,nothing. :( :suicide:
Vaun
COMBINE PLAYERMODEL PACK
COMBINE PLAYERMODEL PACK

Post by Vaun »

Is making one out of the question? (ok, I know its a lot of work, but thats why its just a suggestion). On VS maps, it would be rather easy to pick out from a crowd (like anime models due to the enlarged head), being pink and such
A bullet sounds the same in every language.
laserrobotics
Polygon
Polygon

Post by laserrobotics »

Okay, is it possible to create a new model with hammer? Because I don't really want to go through having to install and learn some other modeling program(I use Autodesk Inventor for my modeling needs).
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Vasili »

laserrobotics wrote:Okay, is it possible to create a new model with hammer? Because I don't really want to go through having to install and learn some other modeling program(I use Autodesk Inventor for my modeling needs).
You can make "Brushwork" with hammer, it's annoying and usually breaks the map till you delete it, but if you do it right it is very good.