Maestro_Fénix_playermodels_pack (FINAL)(Now in addon format)

Obsidian Conflict Playermodels go here.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Re: Maestro_Fénix_playermodels_packV3 (FIX RELEASED)

Post by MaestraFénix »

Keychain wrote:I will begin to add your models tomorrow when I get home from school. Then I will most likely be ready for a full release. In the mean time, could you perhaps do me a favor adding decent looking PNG images of the models?

If not, can someone else do it?
The .png images that you refer, are from here, or the menu select?
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

Doesn't matter. Just need some decent, transparented ones that would look good in the OP of a model pack thread.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

*Optional Download: Patch for model menu selection*

http://www.mediafire.com/?hahx95dpbq4dcna

Fix the textures of the images on the model menu selection.

Also, includes a fix for the missing textures of Sailor Venus model.

I don´t have more energy to fix the images of the main page.

EDIT: I recieving complains about download a pack of 100mb only to fix 6 models and add 3 new. The 90% of the weight of the pack is due the number of textures of some models. I removed all of these that were unnecesary, but other is completely necesary because i made some modifications on it.

I sorry it, but there´s not another way to do this.

SkyNinja
Polygon
Polygon

Post by SkyNinja »

A Lucy model? I doubted that even existed.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

SkyNinja wrote:A Lucy model? I doubted that even existed.
Thanks to the skill of XenoAisam, the impossible is now possible :3

SkyNinja
Polygon
Polygon

Post by SkyNinja »

Is there a mirror anywhere, I can't seem to download from MediaFire. I keep getting a zero byte rar archive.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Try again, and if appears the error again, download one file at time. Worked for me (no idea why, i never had problems with MediaFire).

LivingWithGames
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by LivingWithGames »

Maestro,can you try to put this one to the pack?I find it quite awesome at all!

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=119093

Until we don't have the next version with bodygroup implanted,I find more models that we can use ;)
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

File not found.

Also, i´m don´t working in V4 in this moment. The MMD/Source proyect and my map fills all my time.

LivingWithGames
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Last edited by LivingWithGames on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

I don´t have a website (under construction yet) to announce it (i have a personal steam group, but the most of the things that i post there are ignorated), so i decided post it here:

After a talk with XenoAisam, i saw that i´m converting into a simple model converter, so i decided make a step forward in my progress as a modeler.

This is the new situation:
  • Only i´ll continue working in the Touhou models of the list (just as i said), and i´ll make too the Lancelot Albiol, Lily Rain and one model more. I cancel the rest of my request, including my own requested models.
  • The rest, like V4 of my playermodels, will be stopped (for how time?, no idea). The fix for Adrian and Kit models are delayed until further notice.
  • The models and the rest of stuff that have been made/modified for my map will not suffer this decision (will continue working on that, will be released with the map or maybe before).
  • I reject working in the fix of the Chell model of Fug, and some more things that i accepted work.
  • My map will continue being developed, with more or less work. When i´ll create their thread in the "WIP maps" subforum? When i´ll get a decent quality to take some photos/videos.
  • The rest of proyects that i decided participated but were not mencionated here have been canceled (i not remember all, maybe i forget someone important
I want work in my own model. If i finish it, and i improve the method to make models more faster, i´ll back working one per one in all of the delayed/cancelated proyects.

Moving to another theme to talk, i´ll explain now why i decided working with the Touhou models for the MMD/Source proyect (no idea why a lot of people made the same question):

It all started three months ago (more or less), in December. It was a cold night, and i was talking with Destiny. Then he said that if i saw a Lancelot Albiol model (a mecha from the Anime Code Geass) on internet for make it a personal playermodel for him. We decided investigate that, so during the following two days we explored through the internet, until Destiny found it. He found in Youtube a parody video where it were using the Lancelot model with another model to make a parody of a scene of Toy Story movie. Destiny contacted with the author of the video, and he/she sent an email explaining that it was a MMD model, giving us their link for download the model and allowing us the permission to modify it.

The model had a .PMD format, and during the following days we investigate if there was a way to get a model in that format into 3DS Max. Kan helped us translating the japanese sites (Google translator could it too, but with great errors). Some days later, finally we found a way: It was possible get a MMD model in Max if first the model were converted into a .X format and later using a plugin, it can be imported in Max. That day, Destiny said that in MMD there was a lot of Touhou models, including Flandre, and if i was able to port that model into OC, Elek would be happy. I decide accept the challenge.

The 14th of December, after hours of "trial and error", it happened. I was able to get the model in Max. With some modifications on a .qc file that i had in the desktop, i quickly exported the model directly into Source, without bones, without any modifications:

(I know that in that state the model looked horrible, but for me it was something great. Obiously, i knew it that i had to fix her).

The three were happy. We agreed in keeping all this work under secret, and when it would be announced and released the pack, OC would be get a lot of attention (because it would be the only site in that moment that it would have Touhou playermodels in the Source engine), contributing to the mod, and making finally happy to all the Touhou fans in OC that i defrauded when i tried without success porting the Touhou Fortress models. Everyone would win.

Some days after that, Eleksin knew it (Destiny talked with her), and she talked with W0rf0x. I talked with Xeno about this (their first reaction: "Nooooo, why they!!!??"), but hopefully everyone accepted keep the secret.

In the following weeks, I continued working in the Flandre model while Kan and Lance investigated what is MMD. One day, i found that a team on Facepunch site, led by a user called Vaust Kil, they were working in the MMD Touhou models too. They used another method, more strange and harder, but it can import the model in Max. But their thread was dead (one of their modelers looked very busy to continue working, and Vaust was ill and don´t time to do something). Impressed because some people could do the same before me, i quickly contact with Vaust for informate about everything we did, and if he and the rest of their "team" were agreed to fusionate the two teams into a single team. He accepted. I tried to get an account in Facepunch, but due their problems with the email system, i couldnt validate my account, so i couldnt make a reply, until January.

Progress made by the "FP MMD team" on the Flandre (tall) model months before of the "first encounter" (26th September 2010) (Silver Spirit just got the way to fix the textures, but i don´t know if he could rig her or not).

And well, after that, i could start making replies in the thread, comunicated that officially the proyect continued on development, i started sharing the first images of the "prototypes", and well, one day, knowing that it only a matter of time that someone of OC would discover it and breaking the surprise, after talk with the rest of the "OC MMD team", i decided announce the proyect in OC. And that is all.

AND NO, I´M NOT A TOUHOU FAN. SIMPLY I TOOK THEN AS A REQUEST.
Last edited by MaestraFénix on Wed May 08, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

I recently got a request from a general OC player, he requested that I find someone who could turn this model into a model for OC:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3bl591v69gc16qz

It's from some mod I don't remember the name of, but yeah. Would be cool if you could make it for him, I'm counting on you.
LivingWithGames
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Maestro,if you're going to put this request from Key in your playermodel pack,don't those 2 models I have put as request too.

And that's my third request now: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=115974
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

A Combine Traitor?? Lol, never would thought that it was possible (because soldiers and cops are brainwashed).

Hmm, like i said in the post of before, i´m busy. I´ll make it when i can.

(looks like they use the VALVebiped skeleton, so maybe could do they fast).

LivingWithGames
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

I'm back because I think we still don't this model so,Fenix,can you try putting this one for OC?

Here's the link: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=119562

Not sure we have this one...