Is this a safe teleport?

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Is this a safe teleport?

Post by fug4life »

I'm using a trigger teleport that gets enabled for 4 seconds to teleport however many players in the trigger area to their spawn position. I have 16 spawn positions all named the same and have set the remote destination on the trigger teleport (The entity specifying the point to which entities should be teleported.) to the names of the spawns.

All works fine with one player it seems to randomly select one of the spawns. Will this telefrag players if there are max 8 players?

I want to return what ever remaing players from out of the arena back to their spawns basically or somewhere near.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Not with the un-stuck code hyper made for these situations. You shouldn't have any problems.
Gandorques Hikla
Entity Master
Entity Master

Post by Gandorques Hikla »

Simply use a landmark teleport, there are no telefrags with it, and nobody teleports into each other. Landmark teleports teleports everything with its relative offset, and speed. If you use this well the players wont even notice it. Valve used this in Episode 1 when you enter the Citadel Train, for example
Don´t feed the Graphic Whores!
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Ok I'll have a look,

And yes gand if you were wondering its your maps that have made me go all stunstick crazy at the moment! :D