need help with lights

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
eman72
Vertex
Vertex

need help with lights

Post by eman72 »

I'm not sure why, but every time i compile there is a new leak from a random item, one of them was a brush with the button skin, tied to func_button. When i delete the item marked as a leak, and compile, i get another leak.

can anyone help?
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Map -> load pointfile
eman72
Vertex
Vertex

Post by eman72 »

Thats how i found them, but when i delete one, a new one appears and i don't know why they keep poping up, one of them was a spawn point...
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

eman72 wrote:Thats how i found them, but when i delete one, a new one appears and i don't know why they keep poping up, one of them was a spawn point...
Even if you delete all entities, the leak will still be there, the problem is an opening to the void, your map has to be completely sealed off, displacements and all brush entities including func_detail wont seal your map, only world brushes do.

Just follow the red line and you should find the opening.
eman72
Vertex
Vertex

Post by eman72 »

when i follow the line it leads to the skybox, but goes right through a flat part of it.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

check you dont have any props & especially their bounding boxes near to the skybox brush you believe to be the offender? also quick question your using just the skybox texture right? not the actual individual textures marked with _f,_b,_u,_d ?
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database