I want dead grunts laid about the place pref new ones?

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

I want dead grunts laid about the place pref new ones?

Post by fug4life »

Any Ideas, prop_ragdoll asks for a model not an entity :( so I think i cant get new grunts, I tried a logic atuo on world spawn; become ragdoll, i have the grunt set not to fade. but in game its gone, though they are close to supposedly friendly barnacles? u think the barnacles digest on map spawn?

Any idea, should i just try some sort of point_hurt and kill them on map spawn that way?

or can I just specify the models individually like grunt1-5 as in oc models folder? and just use prop_ragdoll.

on that note I'd also prehaps like to use these as prop_dynamics too or certainly I want to have some sort of ragdoll constraint, or move constraint as I'd like to pin them to the walls aswell.

Also I'd like to pin a player to a wall as he uses a new spawn point untill a prop dynamic is broken then released?
so does point_playermoveconstraint or w/e its called would this help me?
Basiaclly hold the player in stasis after death until released by a player when the player breaks something. (Jailbreak'ish mode).

you think ya its do-able?
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

I'd love that, Jailbreak without the shitty weapon system.
Col.Plate
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Col.Plate »

Well in my test map I was able to put dead scientists on the floor and the same with old barney too. All I did was make a prop_dynamic, set the custom model to scientist/barnya and then for default animation i put lying_on_stomach or something like that. I guess my way only works if the model has a 'dead' animation. I also put not solid for physics something and then for flags I put constraint something. I will try to get a picture when I can.
Blues
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Blues »

prop_ragdoll with a model from the hgrunt folder works fine for me. aren't those the new ones?

Im just experimenting with env_blood to make the ragdoll emit blood when you shoot it.