Map Crashes on Load Into a fresh Obsidian Conflict Install

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Map Crashes on Load Into a fresh Obsidian Conflict Install

Post by shiftey »

My map loads fine when I play it with my work folder of oc. This folder has all of the hl2ep2, lostcoast, and css content in it. But when I try to run it with a fresh install of oc it always crashes. Missing textures/models would at the worst, show up as errors in-game.

So why am I crashing?
Blues
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Blues »

I experienced the same problem working on oc_return_c17_01 for DaMaN when the EP2 content i used for the easter egg was neither mounted nor extracted into my OC folders.
Try to get around this by making a *_mounts.txt for your map where you set Ep2 content to be mounted. That should do for your testing while working on the map. At least if you have Ep2 and can mount it.
Image Image Image

Excuse me for being rude. I'm usually drunk while posting.
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

Thanks, that did the trick. If anybody sees "oc_undersiege" in your server browser feel free to try and jump in and help me test. I usually only load up the map for a few minutes though.

Oh another quick question:

Can you include content other than materials and models in a bsp? Such as voice overs and scene files?

Oh and scenes.image...what about that file?
Blues
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Blues »

Actually you can include scenes, this might work if both the server and client have the necessary entries in their scenes.image (meaning they already have to have a correct scenes.image before the map is loaded), but as scenes.image is just a file that sucks, it won't get reloaded on mapload so including it in the BSP won't be of any use (as experienced in return_c17_01, where the vortigaunt scene is broken if you don't use my fixed scenes.image where i had to add all the scenes from HL², Ep1 and Ep2 to prevent them from being broken by the new file)

Currently the only way would be to add your scene to my current scenes.image so that it would have all scenes that are needed in all maps that are played in oc right now. Anyways none of the servers seems to have it yet, not even W0rf0x's though it's available in the return_c17 thread...
There might be a way around the scenes.image someday though... if skidz or hyper find this way ;)
Image Image Image

Excuse me for being rude. I'm usually drunk while posting.