compile params and path_tracks!

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

compile params and path_tracks!

Post by fug4life »

Anyone know the compile parameter for hammer that makes displacements a solid mesh? I used it once when I was mapping for empires (it stops things dropping through displacments).

Reason: My antlions are a bit screwed even with hint nodes and ground nodes they still at spawn drop through the displacments.

The hint node is a burrow point though, I wonder if thats whats screwing them up.

Secondly real short:

I have a camera parented to a func_tracktrain the train goes around the track passing around 30 path_tracks. I want the train to stop at each path until the check point below is triggerd (scientist run over) before the train can resume.

I've had stuff like OnPass Stop and Scientist OnDamaged Startforward, I also had the path toggle on or off and I've tried the Resume and toggle features on the train. I cant get my headround how it should be for it to work correctly.

The problem is is the scientist is damaged before the camera reaches the path_track then the camera will stop at the path and their is nothing for it to continue.

I think I'm going to need a logic compare for every path_track and scientist (30) to do this (then have the logic compare command the inputs/outputs of the train rather than the scientist and paths).

Unless someone else has any ideas.
Yeah after having wrote all that i think a logic_compare is the way to go!
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

Make sure your burrow points are about 6-8 units above the displacement. Although mine aren't spawning in my map either but I think that has something to do with the env_playermaterial_proxy or w.e. its called.
[FTA]c0m4ndo45
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by [FTA]c0m4ndo45 »

I had some displacement problems... Mostly fixed with trial and error by moving things up a little bit each compilation lol.

I dont understand well what you're trying to do with the scientist but if i got the idea right...

Couldn't ya make it like... on pass stop + a trigger with filter for the scientist with on start touch startforward?... Or scientist may reach checkpoint before the camera?
<Proud to be a gamer>