custom textures not taking light/shadows (bizzaro)

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
shadow-will
prop_physics
prop_physics

custom textures not taking light/shadows (bizzaro)

Post by shadow-will »

hi, ive made a map with several custom textures in, however when i compile with lights, only the offiicial hl2 textures take ligh/shadows. my custom ones remain fillbright, like there are no lights in the map. but when i make a small test map with a light_environment in ect, it works. its bizzar. ive only seen this once in a very old map of mine and the exact same thing happened.

any suggestions? fixes? i dont remember seeing any leaks in the log. but i will go find it later, but first just give you geniuses your views

thanks!
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

try moving your light source, that might help.

Do they flicker when you look at the brush face from differnt angles?
Or they are permantly fullbright?
Read this it may help you
I dont know if it's your problem but it's worth checking...

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki ... rush_Faces
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Look if there is "UnlitGeneric" in the textures vmt, it has to be "LightmappedGeneric" to get affected by light
shadow-will
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by shadow-will »

thanks for your replys but i found the problem (cant belive i did this) i compiled it on my other pc without the map textures just models ect. but i always thought that whenit compiles it still gets everytrthing when u do have the right textures, seems no, i compiled it again on my other pc WITH the textures and it did it fine. so if anyone ever gets this problem, u could be doing that just maby.

thanks !