Sky box issue+npc problems

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
TormentedGod
Pixel

Sky box issue+npc problems

Post by TormentedGod »

First problem i used tools/skybox texture for skybox just like always but THAT texture ACTUALLY shows up in game not the skybox---idk why and secondly i noded my map completly and the npc maker works but i was wondering like how i can make the zombies+npcs that spawn will attack so like move to base i noded it all and they dont move unless provocked so i was wondering if i could make em move+attacking to a certin point
KON_Air
prop_static
prop_static

Post by KON_Air »

tools/toolsskybox is for 3d skybox and any solid you are using must be covered with it.. and have a 3d skybox. Or try tools/toolsskybox2d.

Try a stand off, add a npc_enemyfinders to make sure they see the players to their squad and that should do the trick.
Ishida
Pixel

Post by Ishida »

I believe he means that his skybox texture is in fact set to tools/toolsskybox; and that he his having an error that it shows the skybox texture used in hammer (Blue box with the word "Skybox") rather than the actual skybox texture. I seem to have to this problem to; and a simple solution is to run hammer in EP2 mode when trying to compile your map.

As for the second question; there are a number of ways to do so. You could always do what KON_Air said. If you wish from them to assault a certain point on input; you use more complex AI. If you just want them to go into a fixed track; use path_track and path_corner and they should move to each point and keep going if specified.
"Life is a game where your controller has broke, your disk is scratched, your memory card has corrupted itself and your powerups have been lost due to a coding glitch..."
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

As for the sky box, I can't remeber perhaps something recently changed. though you should not need to complie in ep2. But if it helps you then so be it.

As for NPC's I'm a big fan of ai_scripted_schedule look it up and learn it it's probably one of the best, especially used with info_nodes and hint_nodes.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Cipinawl
Pixel

Sky box issuenpc problems

Post by Cipinawl »

im having trouble with my skybox. the texture i put on to look like the sky is just streaky lines not a pattern
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Tell us which sky you choose, and let us have a look at the compile data.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database