Obsidian Conflict Plot

Obsidian General.
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Obsidian Conflict Plot

Post by Vasili »

You are the Obsidian Rebels. A desert based group of human resistance against the combine. Your base is a pyramid which neatly covers a magma chamber. Geothermal is your people’s only source of power.

One day, whilst clearing out some closed off areas of your base, you discover a Temporal Integrated Time Lock Exposure Device (T.I.T.L.E.D.) which lets your team travel anywhere they want to and to whatever time period. One of your scientists harnesses the technology enabling your team to have a large warehouse of Temporal Portal Doors, which lets the Obsidian Rebels to go anywhere they want to.

After enough Research and Development is put into the project, the same scientist also comes up with the Perception Life Optimisation Technology (P.L.O.T.) which means that your team isn’t actually fighting in it, they are just controlling androids. It supplies a HUD, unlimited life unless there’s an error in the Time Lock Exposure which gives a limited amount of lives, and it also has a camouflage system which lets Obsidian Rebels choose how they look.

Later on, a Gauss Gun is retrieved from Black Mesa after a mission there, and it’s technology is harnessed and is now in mass production by the Obsidian Rebels. A time Paradox was also caused after some error with the T.I.T.L.E.D. system, which meant that Odessa Cubbage’s daughter’s pistol was available to the Obsidian Rebels.

In Vas Nos Fides!!!

Ny
Phone Donator
Phone Donator

Post by Ny »

Strangely enough Vasili, this is probably the best thing I have seen you contribute to the mod so far ;)
:nyoron:
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Ny wrote:Strangely enough Vasili, this is probably the best thing I have seen you contribute to the mod so far ;)
I got to agree, that was actually kinda funny.
Ny
Phone Donator
Phone Donator

Post by Ny »

Also this would make an awesome map selection er.... map
:nyoron:
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

"Odessa Cubbage’s daughter’s pistol"

err, yeah

why do i have the feeling that he means the alyx gun with that which is totally not right o.O

but other then that, sounds like the original oc story to me (HLPortal.de still has it in the description for OC, if not already done would i translate it and post it in the next days in here :o maybe it gives some map ideas, hmmm seems that they removed quite a part of it, too bad)
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Its a reference to ep1.
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Vasili »

Datastream
Donator
Donator

Post by Datastream »

Lol I laughed. I think I also saw a reference to another mod. Research and Development.
Axel_m3sh
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Axel_m3sh »

Datastream wrote:Lol I laughed. I think I also saw a reference to another mod. Research and Development.
Good eye :o
Rufus
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Rufus »

This is epic!
Lets face it, OC's always been a bit unexplained, but, I like everyone else took that for granted.

I personally think there should be an oc_oclobby, based in that geothermal underground base. :D
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

I don't have much to say...
I suppose, it's not that bad...

But really, O.C. it's self does not need a plot, really, the plot is up to the mappers and is only for their maps.
Turkey72
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Turkey72 »

Well i'll be damned vasili, that made me shed a tear, because that was just plain beautiful.
We will miss ya billy.
Boltersdriveer
Donator
Donator

Post by Boltersdriveer »

Turkey72 wrote:Well i'll be damned vasili, that made me shed a tear, because that was just plain beautiful.
I loved this story.