In your opinion, what is the best thing in obsidian?

Obsidian General.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Alfie wrote:The thing that brought me to OC was when I was browsing Tysn FPSBanana page (looking for more ZM maps) and saw oc_harvest. Being a HM fan I clicked this :P

But the thing that kept me was the wide range of maps, so many different themes, styles and gameplay
ahmen.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Ark
Donator
Donator

Post by Ark »

Someone just recommended it to me because it has better things than Ѕynergy. Also because as we have a server in the mod, I wanted to try and see how the mod was.
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

Synurrrgy is what got me into Obsidian Conflict. Back when Synurrrgy was still good, I was looking for Syneeergy gameplay videos on Youtube. Came across a video of Obsidian Conflict on a CSS map with the guy using uzi's. Totally attracted me and I got it. :v
Player
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Player »

I guess the weapons and option to play in HL2.

Also, antlion survival maps.
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

I was on a HL2 mod binge a few years ago. Played Synergy for a few minutes, got bored and uninstalled it. Installed Obsidian Conflct and played oc_bunker. I really enjoyed playing a story driven game with others and played it for a while. Then I realized I could make maps for the mod and taught myself how to map. I spent countless hours/days/months slaving at my computer making a bunch of maps I never felt like finishing.

I'm really hoping to finish up the last map I was working on sometime in the coming months. If I have enough time, I may even make multiple smaller maps. Can't make any promises though since I'm going to be making a second film next fall for **hopefully** Sundance film festival. I'll give the OC community an exclusive online screening since I love you guys so much.

If I planned on my career being game design I would have had a shitload of awesome maps for you guys by now. But as it is only a hobby (a time consuming one i might add) I haven't had the time to put into what could be finalized and good stuff. Not to mention I live in New York where every second of your life you have to be doing something important... :roll:
Turkey72
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Turkey72 »

Out of everything in obsidian conflict, i would have to say that the best thing is: the community that supports it/the OC forum, it's been very useful for all of us here.
We will miss ya billy.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

The best things in Obsidian Conflict are:

-Cool custom maps.

-The weapons (Grappel Hook FTW)

-The big customization of the HUD and Flashlight (and lasers).

-Its Source engine.

-Npcs (Gargantua FAN XD)

And now, outside the mod, i love:

-The people (yes, this is very important)

-The HUGE variety of Playermodels (H.E.C.U. and Chibi GlaDOS Forever!!!).
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

The community here is the best and is a big reason for me sticking around. Almost all of us try to help answer a question when it comes up, some members take requests for player models and weapons, and the assholes are mostly amusing and not too over the top.
I have been here a LONG, LONG time in fact I think I am the oldest member that is still active(can anyone confirm this? I would really like to know if I was it would make my day :) ) the community has always been awesome and a lot has happened OC was born from the failed Missing info co-op, Vasili was once the biggest pest on the whole site now he is just a minor annoyance, Fire_Cube and larz trolled LOTS, Chandler got the mod theme music, hell-met being hell-met, gtaiiilc convincing Skidz and Hypperjag to add the strider mod's vehicales...that have been removed since then :( , that JSC-GU war thing, CozmicShredder using syn maps on his OC severs and visa versa, hell-met and HBK, BETA TESTS :D , the addition of games on the forum bing a big thing...I had forgot about them till posting this, W0rf0x messing with that new player by acting dumb making the quit then doing it again another day pissing him off then showing him he was a developer that was priceless.

Damn I had forgot how much has happened here and how players have come and gone looking at the member list I remember some people I had completely forgot about. lol I was the 6th member to join other members of importance, Power-Mad 11, Zteer 146, Neico 200, W0rf0x 227, Gandorques Hikla 278, Tysn 297 DaMaN 305, fug4life 330, Keychain 700

All of this is why I love Obsidian Conflict and is what has keep me around since 06!
Lucky9Two
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

ConTron

Post by Lucky9Two »

Quote from my friend ConTron:
"Why the f--- are you playing synersh-t?! You should play Obsidian Conflict instead!"

He said, "They have a strong community that will help other players."

The ability to make custom stuff was a plus. A very LARGE plus.

Soon my current project beta will be done, and you can all roam the halls of my school.

"For though I fly through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I will fear no evil, for I am at 70,000 feet and climbing"
Azure Edge
Donator
Donator

Post by Azure Edge »

Not very often that I meet a leadership team that's actually friendly and don't abuse the fact that they are well... leaders.

I'm also sick of it when the leadership team feel so far up the "chain of command" that you're never actually gonna get a chance to speak a word to them, or even hear anything from them. Obsidian Conflict was a nice change from all of that.
Image <- Push!
Curious?

Geosmith
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Geosmith »

I think it was the fact that there's so much to do. You can download awesome and even sometimes comical characters, use a variety of weapons, and change the color of things such as the HUD and flashlight to your style. The maps also prove a wide variety, varying from relaxing and fun levels to very teamwork intensive levels.
Arclight71
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Arclight71 »

Just got OC again and the thing that I like the most is the customization that it allows you to use. I can install w/e I want and use w/e I want. Plus its just for fun rather than being overly competitive which I like because I just like to play games for my personal enjoyment.
The one and only.
JamesKane
Pixel

Post by JamesKane »

Cloaking Module :D
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

cant forget that one.
its really nice to walk past an enemy and he doesnt shoot you.
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Agreed!

I love sneaking past grunts & turrets!
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database