Weapon.

Obsidian General.
BlyTwo
Polygon
Polygon

Weapon.

Post by BlyTwo »

There are a couple weapons in the Gmod toybox now that OC should have! A very notable one is this:
► Show Spoiler
The blade bow, when you hold secondary fire the blade rotates and primary fire shoots it, more rotating = farther shot.

There is also a well make manhack gun, it deploys manhacks but can also tell them where to go and what to attack.

Gmod toybox if full of well made goodies, you should take a look!

I also have always liked the Combine Sniper; I tihnk it would make a good addition or replacement for the current sniper
Image (top sig by Ileia)
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Re: Weapon.

Post by Gary »

BlyTwo wrote: The blade bow, when you hold secondary fire the blade rotates and primary fire shoots it, more rotating = farther shot.
Looks neat and I would use it if we put it in OC, but I am not sure how necessary it is. You have to look at it this way, to make a weapon in OC, the team has to put both time and work in to animating the weapon, creating the first person and third-person model, making a texture for it and creating programming for it. Now while this is a very basic weapon, it would still take a good amount of time to create and the last thing the team has is time, as they are constantly working on improving current aspects of OC as well as getting us Steam support.

BlyTwo wrote: There is also a well make manhack gun, it deploys manhacks but can also tell them where to go and what to attack.
We already can deploy manhacks, it has also been suggested before to allow the manhack creator to choose their target(I am very fond of this idea).
BlyTwo
Polygon
Polygon

Re: Weapon.

Post by BlyTwo »

Only problem with the blade bow, is as of it's current setup, it can't slice zombies :\

also on the topic of weapons: I have a fire sound I think would go better with the OICW (aka. XM29)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ECTR3ID1 (I think it'd be better if it didn't sound like AA rounds ^_^)
That view model and muzzle flash positioning also always bugged me, because the barrels are used wrong;
► Show Spoiler
(note the round sizes and the clipsizes)

I do remember finding a less horrid world model for it too once, but I donno where I got it or where it went :\
Image (top sig by Ileia)