27%
No
21%

Total votes: 52

Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

destu wrote:We don't need python lua or any that kind of script f u c k. OC is good as it is now..
yea, your right, lets take the scripted weapons as an example, you can make weapons that can shot normal bullets and grenades and... and... oh thats all, wow lots of possibilities....
Im working on a halo mapseries, and without a scripting language like lua i could not make custom weapons like the covenant plasma weapons, making the npcs isnt a big problem, i can rig the covenant elite model so i can use it as a combine replacement, but the sounds would be a problem.
Mustang
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Mustang »

W0rf0x wrote:
destu wrote:We don't need python lua or any that kind of script f u c k. OC is good as it is now..
yea, your right, lets take the scripted weapons as an example, you can make weapons that can shot normal bullets and grenades and... and... oh thats all, wow lots of possibilities....
Im working on a halo mapseries, and without a scripting language like lua i could not make custom weapons like the covenant plasma weapons, making the npcs isnt a big problem, i can rig the covenant elite model so i can use it as a combine replacement, but the sounds would be a problem.
copyright laws
Hyperjag3 wrote:God damnit, I can't take anymore of that fag's shit, banned.
skidz wrote:Your account and IP are banned for life, goodbye.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Mustang wrote:
W0rf0x wrote:
copyright laws
It is not illegal to remake maps from other games as long as you do it by yourself from scratch, if you just port it, then its illegal, but i dont care much about copyright laws, if i want to do something, i do it.
Chandler
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Chandler »

Now dialing FBI

As for Gayry, he can suck it. And nto just for making GMOD, but for also being a SA user.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

omg just like the guys from synergy ohh w0rf0x used ep1 textures in his broken escape illegal omg hax bla bla ... and i know garry is in some way a ass but if talking with him often hes a very nice guy i dont know what you have not just why he makes gmod or lua better he has just a good character anyways we are in off topic :S and garry know more about iplent lua into hl2 as you or skidz thats why i asked him and i just quote what he said about phyton and lua in hl2 because it can be helpful in some way... but you oh omg all is bad expect about me and no one like garry can make good stuff aw i just hate you
Last edited by Neico on Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

We don't need it but imagine if we did have it. Servers could make personalized menus for stuff like map voting and kick votes and such really easly. They could add any kind of counter they need in the corner or add features/abuilities. Lua doesn't have to be about building giant wooden towers, it's a very versitile script.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Chandler wrote:Now dialing FBI

As for Gayry, he can suck it. And nto just for making GMOD, but for also being a SA user.
The FBI :lolcry:
What do you want to tell them? That im working on a halo map series and dont care much about copyright laws? :lolcry:
Power-Mad wrote:
We don't need it but imagine if we did have it. Servers could make personalized menus for stuff like map voting and kick votes and such really easly. They could add any kind of counter they need in the corner or add features/abuilities. Lua doesn't have to be about building giant wooden towers, it's a very versitile script.
Agreed, and finally a productive post and not just "zomg lua and garry sucks, XY is the pwn" :thumbup:
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

W0rf0x wrote:
Chandler wrote:Now dialing FBI

The FBI :lolcry:
What do you want to tell them? That im working on a halo map series and dont care much about copyright laws? :lolcry:
Power-Mad wrote:
Agreed, and finally a productive post and not just "zomg lua and garry sucks, XY is the pwn" :thumbup:

exactly with your smilie you showed already what the FBI would do with him xD and yeah finelly a post about the thema...
Last edited by Neico on Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chandler
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Chandler »

frak it.
I don't care anymore.
Last edited by Chandler on Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Chandler wrote:You really have NO idea how much power the US government really has do you...
I dont care about how much power they have...
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:41 pm: I don't care anymore. go ahead. use LUA, and see how many problems you guys run into. Have fun
frist i dont have problems with lua it just can make more fun on servers and yes we will have lot of fun with it :P
Last edited by Neico on Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

Chandler wrote:frak it.
I don't care anymore.
As long as it remains only for server side scripts, it won't spread viruses and kill us all. I see no reason to really be worried. What do you have against lua anyways? Is there a particular thing or is it just just you hate gmod that much?
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

I think because of gmod and because of that "virus" thing what is ... no im not writeing it because there was a post about that from me in anothe thread...
Mustang
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Mustang »

Neico wrote:omg just like the guys from synergy ohh w0rf0x used ep1 textures in his broken escape illegal omg hax bla bla ... and i know garry is in some way a ass but if talking with him often hes a very nice guy i dont know what you have not just why he makes gmod or lua better he has just a good character anyways we are in off topic :S and garry know more about iplent lua into hl2 as you or skidz thats why i asked him and i just quote what he said about phyton and lua in hl2 because it can be helpful in some way... but you oh omg all is bad expect about me and no one like garry can make good stuff aw i just hate you
SHUT THE frak UP
Hyperjag3 wrote:God damnit, I can't take anymore of that fag's shit, banned.
skidz wrote:Your account and IP are banned for life, goodbye.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

so you agree with me good to hear :P