custom models?

Obsidian General.
Dr.Hammy
Vertex
Vertex

custom models?

Post by Dr.Hammy »

Hey. I'm not really sure where this question should go, so I just figured I'd post it in the general discussion. I'm having some confusion on importing custom models. Namely: I have no idea what I'm doing. Are there any tutorials up for OC custom models? (I've searched but found zilch) or if anyone would be so kind as to share the secret to this seemingly profound act? :P
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

I have been so busy I havnt had the time to write a tutorial.
Basically you need to do what has already been done in the models/players folder. Every model has a txt file, ex. Female_01.txt. This file holds the custom models settings. To have your model show up in the model selection screen in the options, you need to make a display picture for it, and name it the same as the model. Display pictures are located in the VGUI\playermodels\Player folder.
Dr.Hammy
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Dr.Hammy »

ok, great. Thanks
Guhlius
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Guhlius »

er... i got problems getting models to work... i don't get the thing with the text file.. can u make some totourial with pictures or stuff when u got the time?
including what to write in the text file
and i don'T have the vgui folder, at least not there where u said it to be
Vaun
COMBINE PLAYERMODEL PACK
COMBINE PLAYERMODEL PACK

Post by Vaun »

I think its in the materials folder. Also, i suck with setting up stuff like this, what do you use/need to make vmt and vtf files?

I found the model i want to use on gmod.org, but it has a lua setup thing, so thats useless...