Combine Super Soldier

Obsidian General.
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Re: Combine Super Soldier

Post by Gary »

By the way, I am not greatly fond of the seven coop one, it looks like suit for humans; note the joints and body size. If you look at the concept art, it's supposed to be completely Syth(like hunters, striders and shield scanners). I would honestly prefer Syth over human armor.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

with synt you mean like a technological being that looks alive and is mechanical at same time?
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

Yeah, I'm not sure if I spelled it right, on a phone at the moment so I cant check these things easlily.
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

If I remember correctly from the countless numbers of daylight that I wasted reading that wiki, Synths (that's the right spelling btw) don't originally have guns. They were originally machines with organic parts, but were modified to also have guns and cannons. That being said, if it does ever become an NPC for OC, it should have a slow firing flachette gun, like 1/2 speed of a hunter's firing rate. Other than that, it should roll over people. Come on, you know it would be awesome to have it turn into a ball and roll over you.
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

I know what Synths are, I was just pointing out the 7 coop one looks like a human suit instead of the original Synth design.

And while I was thinking of some sort of Hunter like weapon for it, the rolling just sounds... Well, stupid, for some reason, things look less epic when they turn into bowling balls.

Though I think it would be awesome if he could jump to the side if it sees a rocket or something coming it's way. And maybe even kick grenades back(or at least away if it's really close).

Alone, this thing would be a bitch to take down, but when players work together to flank it and give other players openings it makes it much more defeatable.

Something else, if we give it these kinds of abilities, they should be either fgd or cvar togglable.
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

Our only modeler does not do organic modeling. This may or may not count as organic since it takes the form human-like. SoJa could've been possibly able to do it, and even animate it. While Mmav coded its AI. And I could've made some noises and sounds it would make.

But SoJa resigned (just hasn't been demodded yet) so we won't be seeing that any time soon.
Sabre
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Sabre »

Ah, seems I missread/misunderstood. Some files reference it, not that it's in the files. Oops.

I agree with Gary, the original (esp the feet) make it seem like a mech suit. I can't imagine it blindly charging, plus that would be a bit like an antlion guard (although a shoulder barge might work) I picture it as something more graceful and tactically aware.

"with synt you mean like a technological being that looks alive and is mechanical at same time?"
The combine have a tendacy to do it both ways. (I think) They take living creatures and put machines on/in them. eg. The combine soldiers. They also build machines with artificial organs. Hunters, ect. which is why they 'bleed' white stuff when injured.

If you wondering the plausablity of such a thing happening in RL, scientists can now grow a human heart, but they can't find a way to do it where blood can get into it heath itself. That's the blood vesels on the heart itself, it will pump blood through perfectly fine. The heart works, but with no blood keeping it fed it will die.
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

Sabre wrote:If you wondering the plausablity of such a thing happening in RL, scientists can now grow a human heart, but they can't find a way to do it where blood can get into it heath itself. That's the blood vesels on the heart itself, it will pump blood through perfectly fine. The heart works, but with no blood keeping it fed it will die.
Off Topic
Scientists have almost completed a project that gives a computer feelings. More speciifically feelings that it has to do better when it fails. So when it doesn't perform a task as well as it should have, it tries harder the next time. Point being: We're so fraked in 20 years when they start giving these robots weapons.
I don't see it as a ninja-bot like the hunter, I see it something like a mech from Shogo. Kind of like a fat guy that has a slow flachette launcher but can still have little advanced movement, like dodging and smashing through walls. I just see it as a bullet sponge, but a grenade or two would take it out really easily. So not a miniboss like the antlionguard, more like a hunter in difficulty level. But if this thing really becomes an NPC, this mod will get a lot more famous.
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
Sabre
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Sabre »

There are various issues with the robot appocalypse scenario, but much like the zombie outbreak, it's fun to talk about. I wont go into it cos it's getting really off topic, but simpley put robots don't have desires like greed or self preservation. You also don't see on terminator the robots getting stuck behind a strangely placed plant pot.

I wouldn't go that far. It would be really impressive though. I disagree that it would be a bullet sponge unless you count hunters as bullet sponges. Although, I have a pet hate for bullet sponges.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=126330

I think that i cum.

Ok, we have the model. NOW, what type of enemy we want, a heavy, powerful but slooow enemy (CSS>Strider), or a new infantery unit like the hunter?

I vote for their original role, MECH: http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Combine_Super_Soldier
Raising the Bar features a story fragment of the Weather Control chapter given to the developers for design inspiration, relating parts of the Weather Control battle, with early names for the Combine units. For example "mech" seems to stand for the predecessors of the Synth, while "mech carrier" likely refers to the Combine Dropship. The text depicts the mech looking like Dog's cousins, but apparently new-minted and flawless, and with a "head" in quotes, suggesting that it is strangely-looking. Also, at some point in the text, its head pulses with a faint glow as if powering up for energy, then fires, which is very similar to the Strider's warp cannon, added to the fact that it is brought by a "carrier", the Strider being brought by Combine Dropships without their containers. Added to the gun located in its head, it also has mounted guns.[1] This "mech" could be an early version of one the Synth predecessors of the Overwatch Elite, the Combine Synth Elite Soldier, which has been through several iterations with strangely-looking heads and a narrow waist like Dog (as in the picture seen here), or the Combine Super Soldier, also with a strangely-looking head.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

a miniversion of strider if i read it right.
if we make it like the strider then it basically fixes one of the striders main flaws that it couldnt get into small spaces. but then the cover strategy would be trown out of the window but if we make it like the hunter then itl be problem with speed as itl probably even be able to charge and stil shoot from a distance.
this said im at a stalemate wich style we should give it seeing both will give equal amount of problems in combat wich would make the fight more interesting so il let the others decide.
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
Baddtraxx
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Baddtraxx »

gaw yes!
how about a hunter like one? so I mean fast and stuff.. I mean look at this beast O_ O
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

I already made it a playermodel... didn't come out to well. Way too much clipping.

This will be useful to me, if I do go through with my 7-hour-war map.
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

Nice model, I'm gonna make a pose of that eventually. Will post here when done. ;)
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Gary wrote:I already made it a playermodel... didn't come out to well. Way too much clipping.

This will be useful to me, if I do go through with my 7-hour-war map.
The fact it has a HL2 skeleton type doesnt meant that is a good idea make it a playermodel. It needs their own animations.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos