oc_harvest: Longer days using console / Hammer editor?

Obsidian General.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Re: oc_harvest: Longer days using console / Hammer editor?

Post by Neico »

that's the downside of the source engine... it doesn't really have a protection for mappers...
So I guess if somoene starts to make a map for it that he needs to bear with such things, which Tysn is doing pretty well imo~
I wish I could help there a bit to make it safer...

Because I simply hate guys like that one, that's the same level as JS / FMA and some other guys from synergy...
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

The only real thing, that is wrong here is: the map was designed a certain way for particular reasons. And he wants to change an aspect of that map to make the map 'easier'

Adding longer days is like typing sv_cheats 1; god and then trying to find a quick fix of enjoyment from that. Its ok for a while but its certainly less challenging and consequently less rewarding.

Thats why people here are frowning down upon you Davidos - (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197965953237).

Many 'noobs' join a harvest game and get frustrated at being caught out by the day/night cycle , they die and loose a bit of cash. Before you know it they are on the forums looking for a way to cheat the map. Rather than actually playing the map learning all there is to know about the map.

I've played harvest with good teams/players over the years, the map if played selfishly can be a struggle to achieve anything. But you can't beat a game of harvest when you not only work as a team but as a team you become more efficient.

Stuff like using the phys gun to fire objects to players who stand in a 'supply chain' make harvest rock because its quicker than running with the object yourself.
examples are:

Standing in the pond filling buckets and shooting the bucket to the guy stood awaiting to water the plants or firing mushrooms out of the forest to the farm/town/forest path junction to awaiting guys who will run them to town.

Thats the beauty of harvest, there is some real co-op involved.

I'm begging don't kill that co-op by turning sv_cheats 1 and adding longer days. Its just silly.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

fug4life wrote: Thats why people here are frowning down upon you Davidos - (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197965953237).
Oh god, I'm not even gonna make a comment about his profile.

Anyways, should he actually release a modified oc_harvest bsp, he'll receive a hardcoded modban.
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

fug4life wrote: Thats why people here are frowning down upon you Davidos - (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197965953237).
134 hours in the past two weeks. My God...his computer must be crying.
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
RocketRunner
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by RocketRunner »

Oh, come on, you can get plenty done within the map's Day/Night cycle.
I usually run from rockets.
Pretty straightforward.