weird bugs/issues

Obsidian General.
Losezombies
Pixel

weird bugs/issues

Post by Losezombies »

if i create any singleplayer game or connect to a multiplayer server, then playing any other map in singleplayer will crash the game

it takes about 10 minutes to connect to any server, but i can connect to servers in any other source game in under 1 minute, is this normal? and the multiplayer is bugged to hell, many of the walls flicker between being visible and not visible (the ati fix does nothing), there's error models and missing textures everywhere and the fps makes it unplayable

does anyone know what's going on? i used to be able to play it without any trouble, then these issues started to happen

and sorry if the wording/grammar sucks
Andrax17
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Re: weird bugs/issues

Post by Andrax17 »

well firstly if you see lots of missing textures and error models..make sure that you actually own and have mounted the games needed for that map.
Also i think it depends on map and such on how much time it takes to load to the server...i..think the loading time has something to do with content mounting.(could be wrong..i dont know, just guessing)
Losezombies
Pixel

Post by Losezombies »

well i own every game but dod:s, which is the only one that's not mounted, the maps were paysan and sso (the latter has large squares around everything even in singleplayer), do those use dod:s content?

and now i can't even get to the menu, it just keeps minimizing

reinstallation did not fix anything

EDIT: i can get around the minimization bug by maximizing the game until it stops

EDIT 2: it seems that oc only works if i play hl2dm before it, which fixes all the bugs, wtf?
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

oc is a multiplayer mod, hence it requires content from hl2dm (hl2mp = hl2 multiplayer) and hl2dm is available for free for nvidia and ati users so~
Losezombies
Pixel

Post by Losezombies »

i know, but it only works if i run hl2dm within the session and before i run oc, is that normal or is my game/computer screwing up?

also there are 2 more bugs, if i try to spawn something on my server the game crashes and the text that displays the number of votes a map has with rtv is overlapping