SVN Access Question

Obsidian General.
raidensnake
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

SVN Access Question

Post by raidensnake »

Sorry if this sounds stupid but this is something I wanna clear up. Is the SVN public access or invite/dev only? I wanted to set up a test server to see how it works with the svn but there's no access details on either the wiki or the forums. I know how to set up access to svn's it's just the logins though.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Re: SVN Access Question

Post by Neico »

SVN is at the moment only for Dev's and Beta Testers, so I'd say Invite Only, but I wonder why excactly you would want to get access to it tough
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Is about an conversation that i have with him. People requested that they want collaborate directly in the mod, since the lot of time that takes fix/report a bug.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

I don't think that I get it...
What good would come out of having SVN access beside being able to report bugs that are still present?
It's not like that all OC players will use the SVN just to get fixes as they are made...

Having more people on the Tester list on the other hand is always a good thing I guess.

PS: It's not like that I don't want to make the SVN public for anyone interested, it's just that the rest of the team is against it, especially Tysn :P
z33ky
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by z33ky »

I have little say in this, but I wouldn't really mind.

Code: Select all

while(!bugQueue.Empty())
{
	featureList.Insert(bugQueue.Pop());
}
raidensnake
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by raidensnake »

well I can understand where both you and tysn are coming from however the main issue I have is things I can't deal with that are being mostly complained about. I'm still compiling a basic list from logs user reports ect...
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

If people would actually report the bugs they find to the bugtracker, they will pretty certainly get fixed. But if all they do is complain about them ingame, usually while a dev is on the server, they will most likely be forgotten because we are there to PLAY, unless we are actually out for bug-hunting, the bug happens while we are playing or the bug happens to be a very serious one.
Andrax17
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Andrax17 »

Maestro Fénix wrote:since the lot of time that takes fix/report a bug.
Id say that its million times faster to just write bug report to the bugtracker than everyone installing programs for SVN and devs needing to give everyone access to the SVN seperately. There is a reason why the bugtracker exists
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

W0rf0x wrote:But if all they do is complain about them ingame, usually while a dev is on the server, they will most likely be forgotten because we are there to PLAY, unless we are actually out for bug-hunting, the bug happens while we are playing or the bug happens to be a very serious one.
Yeah, we're still humans and not androids or robots, you know! With that said, I do keep an eye out for things not working the way they should be, and note them down if I do.

Also, I've already got something planned and in the works to make the wait for the next version a little more bearable, at least.
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

How about make an option in the mod for report it directly in-game, like Overwatch (that uses bugtracker too)?
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

I think it's possible through modification of the 'bug' command, but I'm not sure if our bugtracker is compatible with it. (@Neico: What do you reckon?)
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

No idea, never looked at valves bugtracker code, neither do I know where it's located D: