A few quick questions concerning Obsidian Conflict

Obsidian General.
Wadi
Pixel

A few quick questions concerning Obsidian Conflict

Post by Wadi »

i have only recently begun playing Obsidian Conflict and i have ran into a couple issues.

the first being when playing the hl2 campaign, the map changes don't always seem to work (water hazard after defeating the hunter killer chopper and jumping off the dam, ravenholm first map). or doors sometimes refuse to open. (barneys door in the beginning train station)

Is there a way to go to the next map on a dedicated server that i join? i've tried to nominate what the next map would be, (if current map is d1_town_01, next map would be d1_town_02) to no avail.

is there a way to noclip? or remove doors as a guest on a server?

also i have tried to start a listen server, but i've run into more then a few problems, is there a proper tutorial? stating which ports should be open. i've read that a series of commands should be used, sv_lan 0, heartbeat and the like, but is there a proper tutorial?

anyways, thank you for your time. i've had fun with the mod and would like to continue having fun :)
Andrax17
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Re: A few quick questions concerning Obsidian Conflict

Post by Andrax17 »

Wadi wrote:i have only recently begun playing Obsidian Conflict and i have ran into a couple issues.

the first being when playing the hl2 campaign, the map changes don't always seem to work (water hazard after defeating the hunter killer chopper and jumping off the dam, ravenholm first map). or doors sometimes refuse to open. (barneys door in the beginning train station)

Is there a way to go to the next map on a dedicated server that i join? i've tried to nominate what the next map would be, (if current map is d1_town_01, next map would be d1_town_02) to no avail.

is there a way to noclip? or remove doors as a guest on a server?

also i have tried to start a listen server, but i've run into more then a few problems, is there a proper tutorial? stating which ports should be open. i've read that a series of commands should be used, sv_lan 0, heartbeat and the like, but is there a proper tutorial?

anyways, thank you for your time. i've had fun with the mod and would like to continue having fun :)
The campaigns are buggy in the current version of OC because of the hl2 updates, but they are being fixed for the next version.
and unless the server has rtv or something, i dont think you can change the map.
noclip requires the server owner to add you as an admin for sourcemod, it would be terrible idea to add it as a guest feature because people would grief with it.

and as long as the ports are open and you have sv_lan 0, people should be able to join you, if not..then im not sure
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Re: A few quick questions concerning Obsidian Conflict

Post by Neico »

The Offical Servers contain the Campaign fixes as they are being developed, just drop by if you want to play with those~