Next Generation of Gaming.

Off topic Discussion

Which Console are you most excited about?

Playstation 3
27%
XBox 360
13%
Wii
60%

Total votes: 15

Kinhoshi
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by Kinhoshi »

Go Wii! I really hope Wii becomes huge, it deserves it.
destu
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by destu »

None.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Alright here we go.

To keep it short.
The 360 is going to win for quite awhile, not to mention the fact that Microsoft is going to merge Vista and the 360. In turn will allow modding on the 360 like a PC. Also the 360 currently has a lot of great games like Dead Rising, N3 and Saintts Row on the way. Also a lot of upcoming games( Halo3 and Fable2 ), and this is before the PS3 is coming out. By the time the PS3 does arrive it will be very far behind, and it looks like the developers are realizing this, noticing that several companies have already pulled the exclusive tie to the PS3, knowing there is going to be some major trouble when its released. Also, the 360 is an American product, while the PS3 is a Jap, which will also bring some patriotic loyalty.
Anyway, the Wii then comes out soon with a lot of developer support and a new way to play. This time not only interesting the younger players but also the older hardcores as well. And before the PS3!

Now at this point I cant tell whos going to win this stupid war, but I wouldn't bet on Sony winning right off the bat. If they can pull themselves back up its not going to be in the first couple years....

Safe bet, the 360. I am no real fan of any of them but Microsoft is too damn powerfull, and this time, they are dead serious on winning.
Chandler
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Chandler »

oh and don't forget skidz,
XNA Gamestudio express
indie game develoeprs will be able to upload their games onto the Xbox 360 marketplace and cna charge a one or two dollar feee for them or just keep it free. The way I see it?
If HL2 ep2 is going to be on Xbox 360, along with these New XNA things, if someone could mod teh source engine to use C# (because that's what the XNA really uses) you coud see mods of Ep2 on Xbox come out.

plus

Live Anywhere.
1 Word:
HUXLEY
think planetside but good and no one has to worry about a lack of players. oh and it'll be like guidldwars when it coems to payments.

yeah. fraking sweet

UNREAL ENGINE 3 FTW!