OC_CANNON Update

Show off work in progress maps.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Beautiful.

Looking forward to the release.

btw I liked the video and the soundtrack too!

I'm greedy and would say option b, but the quality here would make option a well worth the wait so I think a is best.
POISONIC
Team Modeler
Team Modeler

Post by POISONIC »

WOW

I stil got a nice earth moon sun and galaxy model
maybe we could release a space map together im stunned :D
i stil want to make a MP map with 1 combine & 1 rebel space ship near earth fighting each other.....
Steve
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Steve »

Looks like the best OC map yet....

To me it depends on how far apart the maps will be and how long each will be. Think of it like HL2 Episodes. If you can get great quality and a reasonable length for each episode, and not have them be years apart, then I would like you to release one at a time.

If you follow in Valve's footsteps, and release a very good, but very short, first episode, then hype the shit out of all the new content in the second one and delay it for a year, then please god, wait till they're all done.
Steve: Yo tengo tu madre en mi pantalones, lolzo
Fire_cube: my mom is actually in MY pants
Fire_cube: youshithead
Hickadam
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by Hickadam »

Well, it's sort of a good news, bad news situation.

I lost almost two weeks, because my motherboard essentially exploded...

"Explode" isn't the right term, more like "Implode."

Long story short, I'm up and running again, at equal or greater capacity, with my data more or less backed up.

So, time to get back to work...
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Screenshots, videos, always welcome. :D
POISONIC
Team Modeler
Team Modeler

Post by POISONIC »

NIce map

He could somebod give me some tips how to create a nice explosion in space
like a white ball growing in size o
????
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

skidz wrote:Screenshots, videos,betas, always welcome. :D
fixed
Fane447
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Fane447 »

Any update? I am really looking forward to this.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Gw'd damit my heart raised a few beatz per second!!!
Don't scare me like that!!!
shadow-will
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by shadow-will »

i have to say that looks amazzing , awesome work with entities, its so thought out, well done.
Hickadam
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by Hickadam »

An update...

Well i've revised my plans slightly; to bring the best stuff as soon as possible.

Problem is; the SDK isn't making it very possible.

I blew a hard drive last month, but luckily I had most of my stuff backed up. I assumed I would be able to just go on mapping.

So after I got everything working again, I put steam in, got it all together, pulled my files over, and did a compile to check how things were doing.

Well, all my faceposer scenes do not play. Even with all the steps I took to get them to work in the first place, they simply don't work. No .wav plays, no facial movement. Nothing. Not even an error message this time.

I can't see how it is my problem, although it's possible. Much more likely it was some sdk base update that screwed the pooch.

I am SO tired.... I just wanna finish the first 2 parts, release them and be done with this project for a while...

I know you are all waiting anxiously, but trying to get the desire to map when it remains fundimentally broken is just painful. Is it too much to ask to be able to DO all the things they boast the source engine can do?

Apparently so.

As usual, if anybody has any ideas, a good one just might get the project back on course.

Thanks
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Lo,
You've had a bit of a bumpy ride with this map,
Damn nothing is straight forward anymore where Valve are concerned,
no wonder it takes so long for them to get their own shit in order!
Still we all remain faithful because really it's got better support etc, etc,. than most other games, there is little choice!

Sorry as always I know nothing about faceposer! :(
If you want it tested/compiled on another machine, I be happy to help anyway I can.

G'luck

:(
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

Hickadam wrote:An update...

Well i've revised my plans slightly; to bring the best stuff as soon as possible.

Problem is; the SDK isn't making it very possible.

I blew a hard drive last month, but luckily I had most of my stuff backed up. I assumed I would be able to just go on mapping.

So after I got everything working again, I put steam in, got it all together, pulled my files over, and did a compile to check how things were doing.

Well, all my faceposer scenes do not play. Even with all the steps I took to get them to work in the first place, they simply don't work. No .wav plays, no facial movement. Nothing. Not even an error message this time.

I can't see how it is my problem, although it's possible. Much more likely it was some sdk base update that screwed the pooch.

I am SO tired.... I just wanna finish the first 2 parts, release them and be done with this project for a while...

I know you are all waiting anxiously, but trying to get the desire to map when it remains fundimentally broken is just painful. Is it too much to ask to be able to DO all the things they boast the source engine can do?

Apparently so.

As usual, if anybody has any ideas, a good one just might get the project back on course.

Thanks
screw it use on screen text and work on it for for beta 2 :/
Hickadam
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by Hickadam »

Arrrgh...

The things I sacrifice for you people...

Fine, screen text it is. In my opinion, this will take a great deal from the "experience", but maybe you'd all hate the map anyways, so I ain't gonna lose sleep over it.

Alright, commencing mapping again!
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Ouch!

It's not good when you can't get all the stuff you want in and working, scarifices hurt moral :(
I even had a search on the developer wiki for faceposer errors, bugs and stuff, nothing :(
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database