oc_fury_b1

Show off work in progress maps.
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Vasili »

Oniyuri wrote:That's actually a pretty cool idea. Shouldn't be hard to make either, just a boolean operator that decides your path when the map starts... can't see there would be anything in that I wouldn't be able to solve
Well I was thinking along the lines of a mapadd.
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Vasili wrote:
Oniyuri wrote:That's actually a pretty cool idea. Shouldn't be hard to make either, just a boolean operator that decides your path when the map starts... can't see there would be anything in that I wouldn't be able to solve
Well I was thinking along the lines of a mapadd.
What can a mapadd do that I can't do in hammer? Well, I can at least make different mapadds for the map, like one for having the map always be one way, one for always having the map being the other way, one for it being random, and one where the players get to choose which one they'd want

EDIT: The map will be from top to bottom only, I don't have the time to make two different paths for this map
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

I've started working on this map again, but I'm going to change it a bit. Firstly, I've made it a snow/winter map, set in the Gulf of Bothnia. I've done this because I
1. Wanted to make a snow map
2. Since this is in the vicinity of Sweden I can voice act on this map as much
as I wanna, and my swedish accent will even fit in :)

Also I will extend the island a bit, maybe add one more island or so, and your mission is going to be to reach the top of that peak, or die trying.

JerC
Donator
Donator

Post by JerC »

Svanrog wrote: or die trying.
]
Trying to die?
Please don't take my posts before 2013 too seriously. It will be better for both you and I :c
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

-=jerC=- wrote:
]
Trying to die?
or die trying... to reach the top
But of course, anyone who plays the map is allowed to try to die as well, shouldn't be too hard ;)
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

looks good, though if the snow is to meet the water, I'd like to see more ice. This really looks and reminds me of some fantasy style map (none in particular) :)
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

More ice there will be :)
I just need to make some kind of concept in photoshop before I am to do anything big on the map
Blues
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Blues »

Svanrog wrote:
-=jerC=- wrote:
]
Trying to die?
But of course, anyone who plays the map is allowed to try to die as well, shouldn't be too hard ;)
:lmao:

I like what I see. As fug mentioned, you need some refract material ice or the snow should be melting a little where it touches the water. :D
Image Image Image

Excuse me for being rude. I'm usually drunk while posting.
Vaun
COMBINE PLAYERMODEL PACK
COMBINE PLAYERMODEL PACK

Post by Vaun »

Having instances where an icy path cracks and drops players into frigid water or jaged ice would be fun (well, for everyone that didnt fall), or avalanches that drop large, heavy props (because i dont know if its possible to make realistic landslide style stuff, like a deluge of snow and such). Altogether, sounds like itll be a good map, but whats the story behind it?
A bullet sounds the same in every language.
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Vaun wrote:Having instances where an icy path cracks and drops players into frigid water or jaged ice would be fun (well, for everyone that didnt fall), or avalanches that drop large, heavy props (because i dont know if its possible to make realistic landslide style stuff, like a deluge of snow and such). Altogether, sounds like itll be a good map, but whats the story behind it?
I don't really have a story yet, thinking about some sort of jail break
Having issues with the map currently, though, it doesn't compile like it's supposed to, and I'm quite sure it's just fury, that's the problem, since I tried to compile tantrum, and that worked fine, and fury worked fine on these settings before :? Anyone wanna take a look at the vmf for me and try to find what's wrong?
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Can do.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

fug4life wrote:Can do.
Thanks fug! :D I sent you a pm
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Ok, I've had a look, check your PM's, you'll be kicking yourself.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Thank you, thank you, thank you fug! :D That must have happened when I redid the skybox or something or maybe it got messed up when I sewed it... :? Anyway, as long as it's fixed I'm fine! Glad to hear you liked it Fug. I'll try and think of interesting jailbraking coop. The mail plan for the plot is that the players get help from some unknown benefactor, who'll help out partly. Maybe I can use that to make it possible for solo players? Like if I add some puzzle or whatever that requires two people to complete, I can make it so the benefactor, as I'll call him from now on, will fix it for sole players, only it takes more time? Good idea or bad idea or "what the f*** are you talking about?"?
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Sounds like a good idea to me. :D

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database