We've got hostiles remake

Show off work in progress maps.
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

My opinion on this map is that it's far too boxy! Also I think you need some more misc details. The map looks so grey!
Anyway, keep up the good work! Oh, how I love Half-Life 1! May the final version of this map be a masterpiece!
The fox
Respected Member
Respected Member

Post by The fox »

Good news evryone. I was able to kill of all of the leaks and the map is now running beautifull with good FPS. This ofcourse open up the doors to add in much better brush architecture along with more details. Hopefully the version i have right now will be included in the next patch for the mod.
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Sweet! Hopefully it will be as good looking as what I've seen from Black Mesa Source! :D
The fox
Respected Member
Respected Member

Post by The fox »

Im not sure i can bring it up to their standards but its sure gonna get a major overhaul in detailing. Im gonna start fixing it up today so ill post up screenshots once i have them.
Pampers
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Pampers »

The lightning is too gray and boring.
Look ma' no hands!
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

Nice but upgrade those metrocops to combine soldiers.
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Better an better! :D
For the lightning I'd suggest that you should not use only plain white light. Instead you should use slightly coloured light to get rid of that greyish touch. For example bluish light looks more cold, slightly red or yellow looks warm. Try to experiment with different colours! :D
The fox
Respected Member
Respected Member

Post by The fox »

Hello again. I would just like to post up a little about the progress with the map. Ill start things off with something abit obvious, Which is that We've got hostiles is now renamed to Oc_WGH and was included in the latest patch. It has now undergone some very heavy changes in enemy placement and various other things. Hopefully ill have this version working propertly for the next patch so it can be included. Due to some enclosed reasons i might remove the Zombines from the map but they will then be replaced with normal zombies. That was all and stay tuned as i might put up some new screenshots.
[JSC][GU]PREDATOR
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by [JSC][GU]PREDATOR »

I played the map on the mod but didn't see gman anywere :? good map its based off of bits from hl1 witch i remember 8)
The fox
Respected Member
Respected Member

Post by The fox »

Yeah its based off from the start of We've got hostiles to the surface where the airstrike started.
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Yeah, nice map. A shame that I just ran aroud in circles when I palayed it yesterday. Well. It was my fault. Found the way forwart after a while, but when I reached the other players the game was already over! :D
The fox
Respected Member
Respected Member

Post by The fox »

Heh im gonna add some lights and a sprite for the teleport shortcut in the next version thats for sure. People always seem to get so confused and dont know its actually behinde them. Anyways im gonna post up some screenshots of the new version soon.
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

make it look more like that hazard course remake.