Soo, when can we expect this map?
In a few weeks?
I usually run from rockets.
Pretty straightforward.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Sounds good, Yeah I have to say I really wanted my next map to have a whole lot more strider, apc, and heli/gunship/dropship action all going on at once so I think your going in the right direction.

Just a quick question, is this turning into a bit of a map series? would be nice to see this joined together with the trainstation etc, I'm not suggesting epic story but it's nice to play a mappers work in successive order.

G'luck.

Seems like you know what your doing.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
KON_Air
prop_static
prop_static

Post by KON_Air »

Series. Maybe. This is the second part of Trainyard. I'll update trainyard a bit* and add level change to City Fight instead of game_end.

Due to the size and lots of open spaces there can't be too much detailed stuff and props. So it may be within this week.

*M60 on the outside is gone. It wasn't much of a help while attacking and made players defend overpass entrance/second spawn instead of the barricade itself. Fixes/changes to zombies in the tunnel. Few texture fixes (there are a couple of prop textures snuck in). And a couple of progress wise (killing snipers stops spawners instead of advancing towards the check point and spawners being not infinite. The Call Of Duty style clearly doesn't work perfectly.).

So far I'm really enjoying mapping and playing it. There was a dude (Doctor Pepper if I recall correctly) his narration filled with Metal Gear references (yes I got about half of it and no it didn't go for a tailspin) and his comment on the armory was priceless; "There is so much firepower in this room, it would make Hitler cry". I guess I'll have to make an armory that would make the guns themselves cry in CityFight.

As for the third map I'm thinking of an extra large map. Basically Diablo with isolated dungeons and stuff do to in the main hub (ie. Research for Shotgun +2, extra ammo space... etc.) with hub getting attacked regularly in every ten minutes... etc.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

this map just keeps getting better and better.
cant wait for next one in this week.
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
KON_Air
prop_static
prop_static

Post by KON_Air »

Ahahaha... ahahahaha...

Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Haha, i remember when this happened on oc_docks, that was veeeery long time ago, when me and neico started playing oc
KON_Air
prop_static
prop_static

Post by KON_Air »

I knew I did that long ago :P Funny I didn't play that for a while. Thought this time copper always asks for it by trying to make flyby. So anyone on the crane can pull it. The crane can also smashes a dropship and strider. So it is a sniper worthy advantage for players :P
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

i didnt knew you could grab a choper with a crane.
dont they fly too high for that?
sure is funny.
Image Image
JerC
Donator
Donator

Post by JerC »

KON_Air wrote:Ahahaha... ahahahaha...

ROFL :lmao: ,This happened to me too while doing random shit with the crane :D
Please don't take my posts before 2013 too seriously. It will be better for both you and I :c
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

i think we have a new sport choper fishing.
instead of a fishing rod use a huge ass crane.
Image Image
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

I played this map for the first time and on a scale of 1 - 10. 10 being Valve quality, -1 being Vasili quality, I'd give it a 7.

The map design was interesting and the whole concept was very cool. I feel that the defense part could have been done better though. I barely even seen any enemies while it said we were being attacked. Maybe having combine repel from the holes in the ceiling would work. A lot of people I was playing with were complaining about the sewer section, but I thought it was alright. I think what you were going for is having the player run past them to safety, but most players sat in the back trying to kill all of them and it didn't seem possible.

The visuals were actually quite good compared to most Obsidian Conflict maps. As a filmmaker, I know how light can really add to the atmosphere of a scene or set, and your tunnel area was lit very well.

Overall I'd say it was quite good. Could use some polishing up but for the most part it was entertaining. A little short though.

I'm anticipating the sequel.
KON_Air
prop_static
prop_static

Post by KON_Air »

Sewer section is complain worthy, I should have better explained it and made zombies spawn less and more belivably. That is exactly what I'm going to do. Sewers are going to expand a bit. So players will get to see the power stations that link to the exit door and station 1 has that part on it while station 2 doesn't. Also wiping zombies is possible they are crowd, but still end.

On defend part not encountering any combine means someone is camping the spawns. I think that is totally legit as they pack ak47s with minimal cover to camp them. There are a total of 35 soldiers to kill and plus the stranded ones and they come in 1 squad of 5 then 2 squads of 5, if you let the combine advance they will force their way to the mgs and take them over :P

But rappelling/dropship troops might be included :P
KON_Air
prop_static
prop_static

Post by KON_Air »

Too bad the third won't fit...
KON_Air
prop_static
prop_static

Post by KON_Air »

7 moar days and I'll be back from holiday to my boring life... I'm thinking of finishing Cityfight for real this time. List suggestions and annoyances.

Also I've plans for a couple of more Attack Force Maps basically make the escape from Cityfight more obivious (EP1 start), make them follow some sewers emerge on the ground navigate ruined city with craploads of debris raining from citadels wreckage (EP1 End) reach docks and take over a tanker and ride on it with some wacky turrets (quintuple rocket launcher, pulse strom cannon? automatic 'nade launcher). And some beach landing/beach defence stuff with advisor hunting(EP2 end).

Any suggestions&ideas welcome.
JerC
Donator
Donator

Post by JerC »

Could you do friendly cops on your side?
Please don't take my posts before 2013 too seriously. It will be better for both you and I :c