Attack Force Reclamation

Show off work in progress maps.
KON_Air
prop_static
prop_static

Attack Force Reclamation

Post by KON_Air »

This is more of a note to myself, I won't be able seriously map till summer other then fixing Attack Force Alpha maps. Simply, Reclamation is the Combat Harvest. Focuses on shooting Combine/Xen Creatures looting their stuff and bringing them back to base, instead of living the dull life of a peasant :P

-Custom weapons but not CS:S weapons. More along the lines of SMG MKII, 12 shell Shotgun of Destruction... etc.
-Dungeon to Dungeon style with wide open area to act as hub.
-Base to research and buy stuff. For example Research Particle Physics to unlock Tau Cannon, Inventory management to increase max ammo carried...
-And the reason of this threads existance;

I was messing around picked this;
http://halfwit-2.com/?page=tutorials&id=180
Then it dawned on me that gui is something so fracking awesome that I must do this...
...well I'd rather leave it as a suprise. But suffice to say it is not just a remote controlled vehicle...
(actually may not require Episode 2 but I'm not sure...)
http://rapidshare.com/files/229570210/ep2_vehicle1.bsp

It will be at the heart of the base where you will be able rain down death and orders. Each salvo will cost some points but spending time in control room will passively add points.
RocketRunner
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by RocketRunner »

The research part sounds a bit too complicated to do in OC. Good luck anyways!
I usually run from rockets.
Pretty straightforward.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Sounds good, I've been toying with similar ideas, I think this style gameplay would work.
(central base/research facility, go off on missions/raids in different areas of the map, come back, upgrade etc, etc).
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
KON_Air
prop_static
prop_static

Post by KON_Air »

By the way that bsp I posted is not a vehicle it is an surveillance/orbital bombardment test funny nobody checked it out :P Basically you enter a pod and a screen infront of you shows you a birds eye view, you can move the camera around with movement keys, zoom with attack2 and launch missiles with attack1. There are a bunch of targets to shoot at. It will also be able launch drop pods with players inside (if there is a cheap way to pull it) and drop supplies. Though each function will require a research.

I had that missile command idea for a team deathmatch map, could pull it back in the day, but now...

Any kind of suggestion and ideas are welcome.
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

I had a similar plan for oc_rebel_hq. Maybe me you and fug can collaborate on a project like this in the future.
KON_Air
prop_static
prop_static

Post by KON_Air »

I was wondering about how to make players move around when they need to go too far from the base.

Answer is teleportation+droppod=awesome
http://rapidshare.com/files/230422794/vehicle1.bsp
KON_Air
prop_static
prop_static

Post by KON_Air »

A joint effort would be awesome. I made the first two maps that fast because I had been thinking/planning them before actually downloading SDK :P

By the time I have more free time to map I'd have whole documentation ready. The basic storyline I have is, not that Reclamation is story heavy, Attack Force flees at the end of City Fight (a not so hidden escaped route is available). They don't stop by the White Forest and go all the way cross country to a hidden base where Reclamation takes place. Its near a relatively preserved industrial area where the efforts of reconstruction are to start. AtFor will deal with clearing the factories, securing roads to bring in refugees from cities as well as recruitment and training.

Base will have three divisions;

-Science Labs: Scientific effort for reconstruction, pretty much anything that requires more then just high school math. Researchs done here will unlock weapons and teleportation devices. Ultimately the orbital command center is unlocked.

-Administration: From social experiments to better adapt a world with Xen creatures, to harmony with Vortessence... AtFor will mostly take orders that involve killing things from these guys.

-Attack Force Main Command: While everyone is expected to raise arms against Combine these guys are the fist of human resistance. Ex-Military, Ex-Hecu, you name it, they are attracted to AtFor. They are still pretty mad with Gordon and his gang as their dreams of raiding the Citadel were destoryed when it blew up. This is the armory and barracks. All the fancy sh*t is stored there once researched.

Base; Bunker A33, is an old Soviet underground installation with a lot of interesting things stuffed inside. It is the small Black Mesa of the Russia. The contigency protocol was to keep such installations small and as distant from civilaztion and each other as possible. Thus an extradimensional intrusion would be contained easily. Years after the collapse of Eastern Block most facilities were reporpused or fell to disuse. This one kept some of its reseach equipment and sealed. Years later above the surface several factories were consturcted nearby. It was opened again prior to Seven Hour was and signalled for rebels across the globe once City 17 riots gained an upper hand. It might have exposed itself but with refugees and AtFor arriving it can withstand any attack from disorganized Combine.
RocketRunner
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by RocketRunner »

So, how far have you gotten on it now?
Pretty straightforward.
KON_Air
prop_static
prop_static

Post by KON_Air »

Just a note if you guys are still considering a joint effort, I'm leaning towards cutting the droppods and orbital command and use them on an entirely unrelated map.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

I'm sort of out of action until I get my PC fixed, Though I'd love to see more mappers offering up their work for others to help fix/work on or add to or finish up.

I've got one map atleast I'll probably offer to someone once I retrieve the data from my hdd.

I just know about 3-4 mappers who have basically given up on oc_ and have half finish half decent maps. I think there should be more stuff being dumped into the prefabs or have a topic for half finished works up for grabs.

Yes, PowerMad and Gand or even Angry I mean you guys!
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

I'm down with a joint effort as soon as I finish my own maps.
KON_Air
prop_static
prop_static

Post by KON_Air »

Well I have finals at the end of this month, probably fail at least a couple of classes and take moar exams during summer, so there really is no hurry :P
Doctor-Berry
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Doctor-Berry »

I'm sure by now your finals are well over, any progress?
KON_Air
prop_static
prop_static

Post by KON_Air »

Making prefabs really slowly and playing Killing Floor :P
RocketRunner
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by RocketRunner »

Doctor-Berry wrote:I'm sure by now your finals are well over, any progress?
Oh my gah.
KON-Air will bump it on his own time.
Anyways, things sound good.
Pretty straightforward.