NEW MAP!!! requests?

Show off work in progress maps.
cannon_fodder_51
Polygon
Polygon

NEW MAP!!! requests?

Post by cannon_fodder_51 »

Hi im making a map of which the working title is coop_dam but that will be changing soon. I am reasonably new at maping but I can make a pretty decent map non the less. Anyway I was wondering if there were any requests of things I should include in it.
You start on top of a dam looking over a combine base below. So far the objectives I have are that you have to get into the base via the sewers (smashing through a grill in some airboats) and lure an elevator down so that you can get into the base itself. And at some point you will have to get into the hangar to prevent a counter attack. any ideas from you guys?
Hell-met
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by Hell-met »

never

ever

release

or

even

talk

about

your

first

map

Hammer is a tricky tool where you will get better only with practice. Please do not release a bunch connection of square bland boring empty rooms with endlessly respawning enemies.

But if you really know what you're doing , go ahead and best of luck for you :shock:
cannon_fodder_51
Polygon
Polygon

Post by cannon_fodder_51 »

ive already released my first map. All I was saying was that I'm kind of new to mapping compared to some people. Meaning there is still some stuff i need to learn but I can do maps to the same level as many of the official oc maps
Hell-met
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by Hell-met »

Alright .

Got any pictures , ingame/hammer ? Can't really suggest stuff without screenshots.
[JSC][GU]PREDATOR
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by [JSC][GU]PREDATOR »

There's hundreds of video's about hammer on youtube that can help you.
[FTA]c0m4ndo45
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by [FTA]c0m4ndo45 »

never release first map?? lol i did release my first map, oc_theinfectedcourse, and who plays it wud never say it was someone's first map...

Back to the topic,

some tips when mapping (well, if you allredy knew it please dont call me idiot, im not that experient on mapping too.. Just some things i found out)

first, test alot of times, with No-Vrad compilations.. I allmost lost my map because i didnt do that.

2: remember people dont like annoying maps with bunches of npcs spawning over and over, like predator said...

and think twice before using airboats... They dont work on some servers, on others people complain about lag, etc..

and at last, allways keep an eye for lagging points.. Noone likes lag...

I hope i helped somewhat.. If not, im sorry, i cant think of anything else to say right now.
<Proud to be a gamer>