Body Armor Model

Request prop/weapon models, mapping prefabs, map textures or texture replacements here.
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Body Armor Model

Post by shiftey »

I was wondering if anybody knows of a body armor vest model I could use for my map. Or if anybody would want to make me one real quick.

I figure since the rebels don't wear HEV suits, battery armor items don't make any sense. Well a bullet proof vest would make sense, so I figured I'd set all my battery items as bullet proof vest custom models.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Oh and from now on anybody that helps me with my maps gets an easter egg in it. Just a little incentive. :-D
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

item_shield, though I'm not sure if its working as it should. It used to use the old combine helmet back in 1.23. (I miss the helmet a little).
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

Well I plan on introducing the shield later down in the storyline as well as the cloak, gravity gun, and physics gun. So for the beginning I need a primitive technology for the player to use as armor, and a vest seems like the most logical choice.

If you ever played Golden Eye for N64, you'll remember the body armor pickup. That's exactly what I'm trying to go for.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Yeah, I played goldeneye 64, Me and my m8's used to be a bit nutty about that game. Completed on hard; everything unlocked.

Perfect Dark and Golden Eye still are my favourite fps for weapons (innovative).
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

Yea, same. I actually played GoldenEye with my friends in school up until high school graduation. We got an emulator and played it on one keyboard in our word processing class. It was a a little cramped and gay but it was worth it. lol
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Like this?

Im also somewhat interested in a kevlar model instead of batteries, so i just took the kevlar from the css phoenix model, seems to work pretty well.
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

Did you have to detach it from the model or was it a separate one?
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

shiftey wrote:Did you have to detach it from the model or was it a separate one?
I had to detach it, was part of the phoenix model.
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

Ok I did it. It looks great and all I had to do was set it as a custom model for item_battery and change sk_battery to 100 in the map_cfg.

Is it true that the sk_ commands get reset whenever a player joins/leaves a server with skill on?