Dedicated server hosts?

Server Help/Discussion.
Crimedog
Pixel

Dedicated server hosts?

Post by Crimedog »

Does anyone know if any server hosting companies offer OC servers? I've looked around and can't find one that does.

Me and a friend are looking to start a new clan, got a bunch of people lined up, and hopefully several servers. TF2, maybe Gmod, and I was hoping to get an OC server as well, seeing as how a lot of our "possible members" love the game. We will probably end up eventually getting a dedicated server from one of the hosting companies, but that will be later once we have more financial backing and more members.

Anyways, was hoping to find one of the places that hosts OC for me in the mean time. If not, we may have to make due some other way, or just wait. But I figure if anyone knows it would be here that I could find out.
RocketRunner
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by RocketRunner »

Ask the Generation Servers group on Steam.
I usually run from rockets.
Pretty straightforward.
JigglyWiggly
Banned

Post by JigglyWiggly »

Why not make your own :) Just grab a pretty powerful pc and make sure your internets is like 5 mb/s upload.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

JigglyWiggly wrote:Why not make your own :) Just grab a pretty powerful pc and make sure your internets is like 5 mb/s upload.
A dedicated pc with about 1,6 ghz, 512 mb ram and 1mbit upload is enough for a coop 8 player server, thats how i was hosting a 1.23 oc server for over an year, except i only have 1 mbit upload so it ran with 6 players, no lag at all + it was the most popular server (out of the 4 others...)
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Hey Crimedog, where abouts are you would be a good start?

Are you in the USA?
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database